Help! scared about my crib?

I just recently got a crib from a friend that got it from someone it was new and the ppl noved and couldn't take any furniture so I got the baby stuff. And I'm worried about if the crib is a recalled one or what? It seems fine but I'm scared. Only thing I see is it says push and model number is wm2614. Anyone know anything on how to find out. It is a drop side but I push and pull abd no problems yet. So any info let me know thanks!

Favorite Answer

Amanda is correct. Here is a link that discusses it:

http://www.babyzone.com/baby/baby-health-and-safet...

Here is another link to the CPSC. You can suscribe to them and they will send e-mail alerts of of baby/kid items that have been recalled. I found it very helpful, and was amazed at as careful as I was I still had items that got recalled.

Suscribe here:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/rss.html

Drop sides were recalled and banned in late 2009 because people didn't follow instructions for crib set up properly and it resulted in suffocation. I used a drop-side crib with my son that was pre-used and I followed all the instructions down to the very last page and my son never had any issues and never suffocated. My daughters crib is technically recalled but that again was due to improper fitting crib mattresses so a baby got trapped between the railing and the mattress. She is 1 and has been in the crib her entire life. Nothing bad has happened. There are risks to everything. Contact the company with the model number and they can send you a repair kit to disable the drop-side. The Dorel Juvenile group makes this crib so you will need to call customer service to ask how to order your repair kit for the crib.

ALL drop side cribs are banned! They aren't safe even if it seems like it now. It just isn't worth risking your baby's safety.

Source(s): Work in childcare, have to be up to date on all safety recalls.

It depends..