Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 8 years ago

what is going on with my car?

i have a buick regal 2001. starting earlier today my car wouldnt start i had to hit the gas and them put it in drive then it would take off. then later on it died when i was stopped at a red light. it died twice at a red light. and just about before i got home the steering wheel wouldnt turn and the lights were like going out. so i pulled over and turned off my car and turned it back on and it was fine. i do have a transmittion problem but the mechanic said it shouldnt be a problem for awhile. i do regular oil changes. i also have a wheel bearing problems as well. what could make my car do this. is it safe to continue driving. i work tomorrow 2-8. and i dont want to have any car problems. please help

i just got a new battery early this year. it could be the alternator and belts. but would it be safe to drive to work tomorrow and back? im off sunday

Favorite Answer

it sounds like an alternator, battery or your Serpentine belt is dry rotted. I wouldn't drive it, it's gonna kill the battery and you'll have no control over your car.

Some auto parts stores test electrical systems free, just buy parts from them, be nice and it comes back to you.

• 1562

The reason ur car is failing is because u have that picture as ur default