Seniors have you noticed some people like certain places more than others are you that way?

I always like schools & libraries but can't be in a bar. I know others who love crowded places & or sporting events. I don't know people who re-enact civil war types of things & I have no clue as to what they get out of that. So what are your places or events or hobbies or whatever it is that makes you feel you are at home.

I also attend a certain philosophical center where most people will say that when they found their way there they knew they were home. So even a religious place could feel that way. I am wondering what you & others you know have found to be places you feel most comfortable when you are there.

Also, I know people who garden & love it. People who sing or dance or act or just talk with others. What is it that you do & everything else seems to disappear cause you are in your zone?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Although I like the energy of a happy crowd such as when I went to see Celtic Woman in concert, loud sports events give me headaches. I like baseball and hockey game, but always have a splitting headache. I love Libraries, book stores, but not other shopping.I can't any longer hike, but loved roaming the canyons behind the ski resorts where very few people went. I could sit by a babbling brook for hours and just listen to the water.

• Derail

I always had a difficult time with being inside, even as a kid. I didn't do well in schools or libraries. My attention was focused on the horizon. Never wanted to go home until I was tired from being outside. That was a long time ago. Now I'm in my late 50s and have been a locomotive Engineer for 28 years. I guess that's my comfort zone. I still have the horizon in front of me every day.

• ?

The only time I've felt like this, is when I was out fishing - everything else, including my worries dissolved and was replaced with the 'job' of catching the fish, and I was in my element then.

But my fishing tackle got stolen from the garage, and then I was informed by the insurers, if it had been taken on the way to or from a fishing venue, or from the bank, or the car, or the house... etc. it would have been covered, but because I only rented the garage it was not!

Nowadays the health would not allow me to go fishing even if I won the lottery and replaced all the tackle.

I've never found a place or hobby to replace that wonderful experience of angling. So sad.

But never mind, my learning of and using the internet is nearly as good.

Cheers,

• ncgirl

My favorite place is a lake where I used to walk. It is 2.5 miles around and there is beauty in every step. The natural scenery changes every day and with the rotation of the sun. There are historical houses there as well as newer ones. It is privately owned by the Methodist council and the grounds are immaculate. It has an old inn where I started working at 14 years old. Other than that I love my bookstores, library, main street with all the quaint little shops, coffee houses and upscale antique stores.

• Honest

I like to dig. I've gone out for artifacts like buttons from the late War of Yankee Aggression and more recently beside a former railroad steam locomotive repair depot. Usually I'm alone in the woods for a

sinkhole or other geological feature that might be breached with hand tools. Sometimes I'll dig inside

an existing natural cavern. There are clues to look for. The sounds of running water. Holes that vent

or reverse draft air flow. DR650SE lets me cruise woodlands seeking other clues. There are people

I can summon for exploration assistance. Other people share these outings. We like being the first

to experience something nobody else has. Some of my work has continued, off and on, for decades.

• Holly

Almost any place I haven't seen yet. Long after my need for traveling waned, my wanderlust is still intact. I find those places not far from me now. There is always one more hill I'd like to peak over, one more wooded path I have to walk down and one more quaint town I have to explore.

• ?

Pet stores,auto parts shops and golf stores.I read about trends affecting my livelihood in business publications.

• Bob

I prefer open to closed places.

Cannot tolerate dirty or cluttered spaces.

Like airy and well ventilated to stuffy.

Enjoy well lit, opposed to dim and dark..

As long as I can stay out of jail, I'll be fine .

Different strokes for different folks.