Will my GPA go up a lot if I do well the next two years?

Right now, my GPA is about 3.0 (unweighted). I want AT LEAST a 3.5 GPA. I am a junior in high school and my first marking period is almost over and my lowest grade is a 89%. If I get all A's and B's for the rest of my junior year and all my senior year, what do you think it will bring my GPA up to? I did really bad my freshman year and I really regret not caring about school but I have changed now, thank God.

Also, if I have over 100 hours of community service and I did clubs in school, will I have a better chance at getting into college?

Thanks!

• Anne
    Favorite Answer

I am glad to see that you are doing community service. Trust me, I did not do much, and I paid big time. I am a community college student who left high school with a 3.7 GPA (unweighted) with several AP classes. Your GPA can definitely go up; I do not know exactly how much, but it will. Also, colleges like to see improvement, so use this in your admission essays. Your extracurriculars are so important!! I am sure that you will not end up like me. I am sure that you will get into a good school, and congratulations on such a change. Good luck, and I am sure that you will go far with an achievement (caring) like this.

• JQuick

Only A's will increase your GPA. B's will only reduce the affect of any A's that you get for your GPA. So there's a huge difference between getting all A's or all B's, since one will increase your GPA while the other one will keep you from increasing it. If you get half A's and half B's, your GPA will end up being 3.25.