"Incident" By Cullen. Need to ask questions!?

Hi I need to ask 5 questions about this poem, wether it's about the author or the poem itself. I'm not sure what I can ask since the poem is very short, any suggestions are appreciated!

"Incident" By Countee Cullen

Once riding in old Baltimore,

Heart-filled, head-filled with glee,

I saw a Baltimorean

Keep looking straight at me.

Now I was eight and very small,

And he was no whit bigger,

And so I smiled, but he poked out

His tongue, and called me, '******.'

I saw the whole of Baltimore

From May until December;

Of all the things that happened there

That's all that I remember.

Favorite Answer

I've never heard this poem before but it sounds like there's plenty you could get out of it.

For one, research the poet's background. I just briefly glanced through Google and found out he was a leading figure of the Harlem Renaissance.

Then, just look at the poem and think about what it means. How does the racism depicted in the poem seem to affect the poet? Wouldn't he remember being called a n***** only if it left a great impact on him? How does this poem reflect the cultural issues of the time? Just basic things like that. Mull over it a little more, and you'll definitely think of something.

1) How does it believe realizing the rest of the characters in twilight endure from you stealing the entire thunder? 2) Do you love the very fact you flip an ordinary booklet right into a nice vendor? 3) have you learnt how god damn appealing you are?