We're monogamous but don't have labels...how should I deal with this relationship?

He's 31 and I'm 23. We've been seeing each other for a little over four months. I'm completely neurotic and he still thinks I'm awesome. When we first got together, we both agreed to have fun for the summer...but when the summer ended we talked and decided to keep going. I haven't dated much, so getting past my trust issues and relationship fears didn't take as long as I thought. He had dated more, since he's older...he has a three and a half year old son and the mom doesn't really involve him and he also dated a girl for five years and they had a lot of issues and in general, he has been hurt a lot. When I brought up commitment after a couple months, he said he wasn't ready, but we did talk about monogamy, and he has been monogamous since we met and we are continuing to be monogamous. We talked a week or two ago, and he was all negative about himself, but I said I didn't care and that I like him and think he's a great guy, and now things are good again. He talks about stuff we should do together and references "next time", "later", and stuff like that. He's had a lot of bad stuff in his past, so how can I help him be open to the idea of a real relationship with labels?

Favorite Answer

Feel free to force him to label you two "broken up"...