Kylie
Kylie asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 8 years ago

I have had high blood pressure for 5 years, if I take my medicine I can't get Preclampsia, right?

I am 34 weeks. I am on blood pressure medicine so as long as I continue taking it and keeping my blood pressure under control, I can't develope "Pregnancy induced hypertension" aka, Preclampsia, right?

What is this "protein in the urine" my OB checks for? Why check for protein in urine if they do the arm cuff to test my blood pressure each appt?

Favorite Answer

Preeclampsia is more than increased blood pressure, and no, taking your meds won't prevent it. I was on blood pressure medication with my 2nd baby, but I still ended up with protein in my urine. My pre-e was mild, and I was monitored carefully and then induced at 38 weeks with babies #2 and #3.

More info here...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH000190...

three years in the past, I used to be identified - high blood pressure with a studying of a hundred and sixty/one hundred. I used to believe dizzy plenty, my legs had terrible cramps, and stages have been very low in my potassium, inflicting my hands and feet to continuously cramp in combination. One day I began to believe fairly faint even as I used to be using with my daughter within the again seat and I handed out, hitting three autos and finishing up in a ditch. That second,I knew I needed to do some thing given that my meds were not running. I heard approximately this vitamin from a buddy and suggestion I'd deliver it a shot. The outcome had been wonderful. In simply 21 days, I truthfully cannot recall feeling this well, my blood stress went from one hundred seventy five/one hundred ten to one hundred twenty five/70.