Why do born again Christians say that all other Christians are not saved?

Isn't being born again a teaching of Christ that all Christians embrace? Or is it just a denomination of Christianity?

People who call themselves by denomination born again Christians such as the Pentecostals for instance, tell me that if you are say Catholic, or Methodist etc you are not born again and unless you are born again you are not saved. So it seems to be a doctrinal issue...idk..please help?

Favorite Answer

This is the best Biblical explanation of "born again", John quoting the words of Jesus:

John 3:1-18 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." "How can this be?" Nicodemus asked.

"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things? I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

So it is true that one must be "born again" in order to inherit the kingdom of God. We are "born of water (baptism - see Jesus' example in Mark 1:9,10 where Jesus came "up out of the water", indicating baptism by being immersed in water) and the Spirit. The latter means that we allow the Holy Spirit to guide our lives (choices) in all areas ... what we choose to see, what we choose to put into our bodies, what we choose to listen to, what we choose to wear, what we choose to say, what we choose to do, where we choose to go, how we choose to treat others and ourselves, how we choose to spend our money and time. Our old lives (wanting to do as we please) are gone. That's what it means to "believe in him (Jesus)" and be "born again". It starts with a mere verbal/mental assent, but from there it is a growth process, each day surrendering more and more to the Holy Spirit's leading.

However, we are not to judge another individual's relationship with God. We can sometimes know by their outward actions whether or not they are "born again" because the life will change for the better when one is truly "born again." But even if some words or actions of someone who professes to be "born again" don't measure up to our expectations, we must remember that God is not finished with any of us yet. We will ALL stumble and fall and disappoint Jesus and give others reason to criticize us many times even after being "born again." But if we are truly "born again", each time we will ask forgiveness from God and from those we've wronged, and we will continue to open our hearts to the Holy Spirit's guidance.

Paul speaks customarily of being deceived, led away, or realistic loss of curiosity/satisfication and go back to their ancient methods. Christ regularly says "think in me and obey the legislation", additionally, forgive 7 occasions 70 if the perpetrator "repents" 7 occasions 70. Not door-matting christians with the "flip the opposite cheek" It is noticeable that Paul, and others, would fall from grace. Otherwise, why say some thing to any of the brand new churces approximately "many will come within the identify of Christ". I've met alot of Christians that do not look to have a mindful. It's like 'howdy i am a christian, you'll believe me.' NOT ALWAYS TRUE. That is what we pass judgement on/parent. The manner I have an understanding of the KJV is i can not say "I'm going to Heaven". That, i consider, would possibly not be recognized till we die. (i am not so definite of this one, so i am open) Only Jesus did a ultimate task of handling this flesh frame. We will all fail now and then. Apologize (and imply it) and check out tougher. Grace is a reward, no longer a license to sin. Remember it's realistic. Do unto others as you might have performed to you. and all different legislation might be fulfilled Most terrific announcement that, as a long way s I recognize, Jesus is the writer of. This quick summation of the whole legislation, diminished to 2 commandments is what convinces me the a few of the truth of Christ Jesus. The Greek for "born once more" is BORN FROM ABOVE. examine the Strongs Concordance's dictionary in the back of the ebook.. And would possibly He bless you all. I pay attention to( see assets ) to those 2 for the reason that they each train "phrases & definitions".

The term: "born again" is a reference to someone who has surrendered their life to Jesus Christ and has received him as their personal Lord and Savior It does not describe any sort of religious denomination. A lot of people call themselves Christians for a lot of reasons. Some of them believe they are Christians because they were baptized as an infant, or because they do a lot of good works, or because they feel they are a good person, or because they attend church every Sunday. They think that makes them right with God. And so they use the term"Christian" generically. But the only true Christian is someone who is born again.

• Nous

Christian Fundamentalist is a complete contradiction in terms!

CHRISTIAN – A follower or believer in Jesus.

FUNDAMENTALIST One who believes the Bible is literally true and must be followed exactly.

Therefore they are followers of the bible and not Jesus making them non Christians!

But worse is to follow it also makes them ideologists.

IDEOLOGY An idea that is false or held for the wrong reasons but is believed with such conviction as to be irrefutable.

So Christians have a loving and forgiving god and fundamentalist - well - Just are not Christians!

Fundamentalists turning Christianity from a religion to an ideology!

If they are Christians, they have been born again. If they have not been born again, they are only Christian by name.

Look at it like this: A cow walking into a McDonald's doesn't make it a hamburger. Something drastic needs to happen, which involves a death.

And likewise, walking into a church, or being baptized, or saying prayers doesn't make someone a Christian. Like the cow, something drastic needs to happen, and that involves a death to Self and sin.

That process of death to the self-life (Jesus said "Take up your cross and follow me" and Paul in the book of Romans expands on that and says "take up your cross and die daily", "die to sin", etc.) and that process is called being "born again", without which, the person isn't even a Christian (by GOD'S definition, not man's.)

There is no such thing as "all other Christians". If a person is saved (i.e. born again), he is a Christian. If he isn't born again, he isn't saved, and he isn't a Christian - BY DEFINITION.

I hope that helps clarify things, because it's really important that when you use powerful words, you truly understand their meanings and significance.

Thank you for asking.

N

He said, "You MUST be born again." Those without the Spirit are not born again and therefore are not Christians, even though they may proclaim to be.

Unfortunately, too many of the self-proclaimed Christians you come in contact with, see attending church every Sunday, and who post things on the internet, are not saved.

Most Christians believe in the concept of being born again or accepting Jesus Christ and choosing to follow him and his teachings. Anyone who rejects him, is not saved and is lost to hell.

You know, everybody has to feel somehow superior to others in order to feel they are not just wasting their time on this earth.

That doesn't make them right, mind you.

Or wrong, to be fair. I think they are wrong because they spout a belief system that sounds to me very much at odds with the teachings of my lord Jesus. They can opine they are right all they want, but I am sticking with Jesus, thank you.

The true answer is, because about 80% of Christians have not even read the bible... so they do not know what they are talking about.

I don't really hear them say that. I usually hear them telling non religious people they can be saved just like them.

Source(s): experience