Why do people act like they don't even see me?

Well if my friend and I go somewhere and we see someone we both know they act like they don't see me. They will tell her hey and give her hugs and I'm just standing there looking stupid. I was starting to think that I was invisible or something. I had to ask my friend could she me. It even happens at school. It's starting to get annoying.

Favorite Answer

Many people have this problem, and I can help you with one simple phrase:

If you act invisible, you are invisible.

In other words, I know the urge to blame everyone else for a problem is overwhelmingly strong and that it's the much easier thing to do in your mind, but the truth is that if everyone does the same thing to you and reacts the same way to you, then it is almost always because of something you did or didn't do (or are or aren't doing). It's unreasonable to expect that there is some conspiracy against you every time people start behaving a certain way to you. However I will not discount the fact that occasionally that CAN happen.

So evaluate your behavior with and around these other people.

-Do you just stand there awkwardly and not say a word or say very little?

==If this is the case, you need to contribute more to the conversation and interaction. If you are barely present during a group interaction, the group will eventually start treating you as if you aren't present even when you are.

-Have you acted particularly harsh/mean/undercutting/backhanded to anyone who knows your friend or the friends of your friend?

==If so, this would be one of those cases where it's sort of like a conspiracy, because everyone knows what you did or how you acted and is ignoring you because of it. Think hard because you may have offended someone without even realizing it, and that person may have convinced everyone else not to like you. Trust me, I unwittingly offend people all the time. But if I sense I have done so, I ask them if I really offended them that badly, have a reasonable discussion with them, and then apologize if I truly feel I did something wrong (don't apologize just to make them happy, that'd just make you a people pleaser).

There are other possibilities, but those are the main two.

Maybe you stepped in dog waste and it's on you're shoe? That stuff stinks! I remember one time my friend Jeremy stepped in it on the way home from school one day and he walked into his house. The waste ate through the floor and dropped into his sisters room and landed on the bird cage! The bird died from the smell of it and his sister passed out when she saw the bird dead! His mom called the emergency number at the hospital and they sent two men over to the house in special suits! They wanted to know where the offending dog that made the mess was! I thought it might be that dog that lives under Mr Daniels moonshine still in the back yard but I haven't seen it around since the plane crash at Doug Douglas's house! The dog used to chase Doug all the way home cause he fed it Milk Bones with hot sauce one afternoon! Then the plane crash happened and Doug got killed. The dog ain't been around either.I bet that was the dog that put the muck on the grass that day. Jeremys dad had to throw those shoes into a fire put next door to get rid of them but when the neighbors had a fire the food they cooked made them all violently sick

• henery

Don T See Me

Maybe personality wise she's more outgoing and open and others might not feel comfortable with you enough by not feeling close. Or your hotter than you friend and they are more intimidated by you.

Try talking to them more.