Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

How long should it take to lose weight when starving yourself?

I have been starving (eating only a few bites everyday) myself for almost a week. I was wondering how long it should take for me to start losing weight? thank you

Favorite Answer

The body actually lowers metabolism when starving because its trying so hard to hold on to the fat cells it has. Best way to lose weight is take vitamins, drink more water, watch the calories and exercise. Research shows that not only can starving really harm the body, but eventually the person who did it gains all the weight back because there's no real lifestyle change that will keep weight down and regular.

Why would you starve yourself at all? That is really bad for your health, like REALLY bad. You could even die if this goes on too long because your body isn't getting the proper nutrients it needs to survive. If you continue on this path, your body will eventually reject food from lack of eating, and you WILL die. Whatever the reason you have for starving yourself, why don't you try different methods? Like working out and eating healthy, or dieting, or even getting surgery if you have the money and refuse to try other methods? Starving yourself will make you extremely skinny in the long run (btw, REALLY unattractive and gross!!) but you will die at a very young age. Are you trying to be stick thin like models or something? If so, I'm a model, and yes I'm thinner than most in appearance, but I am 5"10 and weigh 125 lbs, almost as much as my mom, who is a few inches shorter than me. And there are soooo many models out there who are all sizes and accepted and loved. Victoria's Secret models? All curvy. And foreign models? Very tall and thin, but not skin and bones gross thin, which is the result you will end up with if you keep up this starving thing. If you truly want to be thin, than be a pretty thin that comes with hard work. If you get into a routine that includes healthy foods, a balanced diet, and daily exercise, then you will feel beautiful, look beautiful, and above all, be ultra confident and proud of yourself for getting your optimal results. You can either starve yourself into a sickly looking thin girl who will die within months, or work at being the beautiful you that you want to be so badly.

Well I read through the other answers. And none of them gave you a straight up answer, so I will. You should have already lost some weight. I lost 10 pounds in only a little over a week. But after that long, continue to eat again or else your body will go into starvation mode which makes you gain weight. So eat before it does that, but don't binge eat or you will gain the weight back. However I suggest you don't do this. Its not good. I only do it because I have depression and it is my way of punishing myself but I don't reccommend this by any means whatsoever.

Starving yourself is the worst way to diet! In that kind of pace it should take a couple of months to actually see progress if you're lucky and if you starve yourself as much you'll see progress in a few weeks. Just go vegan for a couple of months. (BTW just because you'll be skinny after freaking starving yourself doesn't make any healthy.)

First of all you'll lose about 2 kilos the first week( depending on your weight). After that week you will gain all of it back and then some. If you want to do it properly download the myfitnesspro app it really helps.

Source(s): It tells you how much to eat to lose this much weight and not what to eat.

depends on the amount of excersize and how many cals your eating. On a water fast about 1 pounds a day. if your eating 500-800 cals a day /w excersize. about .5-1 pounds a day. i dont recommend it mainly because its hard to stick to and about 3 days in youll end up binging and felling horriable. I do this often. i did 800 cals a day and did 1 hour of cardio a day and lost 4 pounds in 3 days. Then binged horriably and it was painful.

Well if you do it that way itll take longer because your body will go into starvation mode and try to save the fat longer. The most efficient way to loose weight is to eat 1200 calories a day if your not exercising(eat more if you are)

You are harming yourself! You need to eat a balanced meal and if you are still having problems with weight loss, drink lemonade flavoured Metamucil or see a doctor.

U not gona lose weight that way jus exercise its help n eat right n healthy eat the amount needed for your body

drink plenty of water