Taking it "extremely slow"?

A long time friend of mine introduced me to their mutual friend. The guy and i, although living 2 hours apart hit it off instantly, and a month a half later are talking about planning our second get together. However, as my feelings have start to grow, he is more reserved with sharing his feelings towards me and has stated that he feels comfortable taking things extremely slow. My past experiences cause me to see this as a red flag, and I often wonder if this is a "softer approach" to the dreaded concept of falling in the "friend zone" or is this man trying to be cautious? Adult opinions greatly appreciated,

He is being very sensible about this. It is hard to have a long distance relationship, and you two won't really get to know each other until you spend a lot of time together in person. Take it easy and go at his pace, or you will scare him off. Be glad he is not trying to rush things. That is when I'd be worried, not when someone wants to go slow. Good luck!

It's a bit unusual in this day and age to find a gentleman who doesn't want to move things along to the "bed zone" by the third date.

My advice: Take him at his word, get to know each other, and let romance develop at its own pace. If it detours off into the "friend zone", at least you'll have a sincere friend. Let your past experiences stay in the past. This is an opportunity for a whole new relationship.

• ?

Depends on if he was badly burned by a previous lover. If he was he might be afraid to move at more than a snail's pace. If not he could be putting you in the dreaded 'friend' category. See if your other friend can give you a little more info on him.

• Mare

YOUR INSTINCTS ARE..........correct. Back off, or even break it off.

Source(s):