i want to be a better person Please help me! I'm 13 years old (narcissistic,arrogant) I want a change!?

I talk down to my brother tremendously He's 9 years old and he's failing school and i am mean i guess its like the devil gets inside of me but thats not who i was when i was young. I have a narcissistic father... I need steps on changing and making my life better... i want to be the best i could be how to change the ways that i have created... i am disrespectful which thats not who i am either! Plz somebody

Favorite Answer

I know how you feel ..... I am 15 (female) when I was your age it was when I left middle school because girls hated me so darn much. One girl hated me because she liked my best friend but he wouldn't give her the time of day and she was jealous I didn't realize it at the time until two years later when he told me he liked me but I didn't like him. Parents don't realize the hell we go through so they make our life worse my dad thought I was making this all up. I have panic attacks from the memories of being beaten up and coming home with cuts all over me from being pushed down a flight of stairs then my family (dad) telling me I am nuts because I come home crying. Parents don't understand at all what you need is to take your mind of your prideful dad my dad is also prideful violent and we don't own anything of our own what we buy is the family's so he can save money he has never bought me my own laptop, computer, t.v., camera, ipod, I saved up for an xbox with my brother and we are only allowed to use it once a day for 30 minutes then we have to do house work or else he yells and takes anything else we have away. Dude trust me this is only 10% of what I go through you have no idea how bad it gets. Just make sure you stay out of trouble don't take drugs or make bad friends I could have but choose not to your dad doesn't determine your future you do now make sure that you stay on the right path you only have 5 years left in your house remember that. I don't think you are prideful or selfish you are just aggravated and you take it out on your little brother just instead of treating him bad make him your friend ask him how he feels help him with his home work trust me I had the same problem with my sister he will forgive you just treat him great. You should talk to your mom and tell her how she feels unless she is mean or a jerk but usually moms understand. Good Luck :D

• Karen

Take one step at a time... one person at a time. You might start with your brother. Try helping him get better grades. You sound intelligent and would know how to do that. To be your best... You are starting the correct way. Narcasistic people are usually not the most liked... except by themselves. Good for you!!

Start understanding that you need to be the best person you can be to be successful. You won't get a very good job or get into college in the future if you're pessimistic. Try encouraging your brother instead of talking down to him. Work with him on his work instead of saying everything bad. That will strengthen your relationship with him and he will love it. That in turn will make you happier.

You are not close being narcissistic. If you was one, you wouldn't be saying you are one.

• Listen

Fake it till you make it. Pretend to be who you believe you should be and soon enough you will be.