Can depression cause you to think your gay?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I have never heard of this but I guess anything is possible. More than likely it would probably be the other way around. Many people who are struggling with their sexual orientation will get depressed. If you think you have severe depression get help! If not, maybe these thoughts are just normal. Lots of people struggle with things like this. I hope this answer helps. Good luck!

• 8 years ago

Depression won't cause you to think you're gay, but it's not uncommon for gay people to become depressed especially if they're being harassed at school or at work, or if they're not out to themselves and other people, or they're being rejected by their friends and families for being gay, or they're in abusive relationships (which does happen).

• 8 years ago

Depression No

Introspection perhaps

• abs_bl
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

No. What one experiences during a depression, regarding sexuality, is a decrease in libido. But it can't make you think you're attracted to a gender you previously weren't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 'Jake'
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

In my early teens I had severe depression due to my sexuality. I didn't accept myself and it got pretty bad.

• 8 years ago

My gay what?

Oh you mean "you're" there. Yes, but you have to have been born gay in order for it to work. If you weren't born gay it causes you to think you're straight.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Not that i know of.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.