Information on pre-med course?

Hey I need some help I've been recieveing conflicting answers and now I'm really confused. If you take a pre-med course in college is it an actual class where your teacher teaches you about medical information, or is it a program that tells you what classes you need to take? I know that biology, chemistry etc. are needed to attend medical school I was just wondering if pre-med is an actual class. Thanks for your help

"Pre-med" just means a set of courses the college offers that are required to gain admission to a medical school. Courses like General Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics are considered pre-med courses.

"premed" is an informal way of saying the courses required for medical school such as the grouping of chemistry, biology, organic chemistry, physics, and biochemistry

Pre-Med programs are the actual classes such as Anatomy, biochemistry, toxicology, etc.