Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 7 years ago

If I'm 17, and want to get a tattoo can my 20 year old cousin take me?

I'm 17 and my cousin whose my bestfriend also is 20, I was wondering since I'm still considered a 'minor' would she be able to sign for me? Were getting matching tattoo's for a family matter that's really important for us. My parents don't care but she and I want to do it on our own. would she be able to sign for me?

Favorite Answer

IF you live in one of the states that allows underage tattooing you will still need a parent or legal guardian with you. A legal guardian would need the court papers that prove guardianship.

If it's a good idea it will still be good when you're 18.

It's going to be there for the REST OF YOUR LIFE so give it a lot of thought.

/

No people can't sign for you to get it, not even your parents. It's illegal. Parents CAN sign for you to get piercings, though. Only parents.

yeah i think you can sign up yourself if they say you cant lie about your age if your friend cant then wait until your 18 i think your old enough so yeah

No its gotta be your legal guardian and someone over 21.....