IF this is true would any college kid or young adult vote for Obama?

Your monthly Internet bill may soon get a bit more expensive thanks to a proposal by the Federal Communications Commission to impose a government fee on broadband Internet service. The money collected through the tax would be used to help connect the 19 million Americans currently without high-speed access to the modern Web.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/fcc-internet-tax-...

Favorite Answer

Either way i would not vote for obama as a 21 year old women college student. But something like this would make me even less likely to do so. Is internet an essential? I do not believe I should be taxed or billed costs in order to pay for others use of internet. That is what public libraries are for. Our tax money already goes to people receiving many resources. At that rate we might as well all become dependent on government, for all the free ****. Which is ridiculous. Whats next? Are they going to tax me higher on gas so that those without much money can use it to buy their gas? Are they going to put extra fees on my cable to pay for other people to have it? We are already shown they could very well do this by calling it a tax. Thats what they did with the healthcare because it was unconstitutional. Then you must ask yourself are you going to be charged extra fees for paying for netflix, or paying for xbox live, because well 19 million americans dont have xbox live so oh thats not fair. Stuff like this is an infringement on our constitution and they are not neccesities. These kind of things are luxuries that you must work for.

As a college student working 30 hours a week and going to class fulltime paying for my own internet and so on. I say screw that. I have a job, i only get payed 8 bucks and hour and i go to college if these ppl want internet they can get it with their own money. All we are entitled to is our god given freedoms and taxes and fees like this are what will ruin this country.

Haven't read article, but if it's a federal law, whether it takes place under Obama or not, whichever president steps in will not take it down.

I was just thinking today that in some buildings where very poor people live (including myself), there is no way that TV can be watched, for the simple reason that the building--though old and worn out--has only cable installation. So either we pay $90+ a month for it and internet, or simply do not watch TV at all. So, yeah, I know how it feels.

And to make matters worse for those who love TV (like I used to!), there was an ad on TV about a year ago in which it explained that Congress was trying to pass a law in which people would have to pay for television, no matter where in the U.S. they lived. I don't know what came of that.

This is just a start. There are bills being discussed that give the government the legal right to not only listen to your cell phone calls but to track where you are through your phone. The technology exists for them to do this. The young idealists do not understand that they are giving their liberty away.

Socialist move. That's ridiculous. You don't have enough money to get internet, too bad go to one of the thousands of places that offer free wifi! Schools, libraries, restaurants, and some apartments already offer free wifi.

• TB

No, I need my fast internetz and I wouldn't want to give my money for Internet to a poor kid.

It's true and college kids are impressionable and are spoon fed liberal BS.

more college kids support obama true but they also have fraudney supporters too

Yeah, but it's not true... so what's your point?