Can Australia bring peace to between Iran and Israel?

Australia has just won a seat on the United Nations Security Council. What was amazing both Iran and Israel voted for Australia. I can't remember the last time Iran and Israel agreed about anything! Could this be an opening for Australia to become an honest broker between the two?

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/iran-...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Give an Aussie a boxset of Carl Barron dvds and a case of beer and they'll make best friends out of anyone.

Saw an Aussie immigrant do just that here in Canada just the other day.

• 8 years ago

What lol ! So both of the countries has trees in it , what so there's have to be peace between them

It's not like they agreed on something political between themselves. They just voted !

It's not like Israel Said hey Iran I'm gonna vote for Australia you should too , lets be friends!!!!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The only way Australia can bring peace to the Middle East is if it swaps places with Israel completely including the name. When the Arabs find out that they're living next door to a bunch of bacon eating, beer swilling, sweaty aussie b'stards with bad perms, they'll be begging the Jews to come back and build on their land.

• No. There is little Australia can do to break any stalemate between the 5 permanent members of the Security Council. There is also little it can do if Israel decides to defend itself against the Iranian nuclear threat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Good luck trying to broker a peace between Iran and almost anyone. Have you heard about the coordinated attacks on Christian churches in Iran? Plenty dead.

• 8 years ago

Im australian, born and bred, lived in Australia all my life, and i dont even know who Carl Barron is. Had to google it.

Totally agree with the beer claim.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.