Patrick L asked in SportsBaseball · 7 years ago

Is the Tigers/Cardinals world series rivalry as good as the Yankees/Dodgers?

Tigers Cardinals 1968 Bob Gibson Dominates game 7.

Yankees Dodgers Reggie hits 3 home runs in a game.

Tigers and Cardinals met again in 06 and could meet again this year.

Yankees Dodgers have also met several times in the World series. Last time 1981.

• Best Answer

Very underrated world series rivalry but it's not as good as the Dodgers vs Yankees.

Not really. The Yankees Dodgers have met more times. Plus they were both in the same city for a long time.

I'm not sure you can really say Bob Gibson dominated game 7. The Cardinals lost 4-1

No the best world series rivalry Orioles vs Pirates

• fulfer

ok, Subway sequence handed off in 2000. Bay Bridge handed off in 1989. My vote is going to the Crosstown conflict. because of the fact the Cubs have not won a sequence considering that 1908, or maybe been to a minimum of one in over 50 years, i might say White Sox vs Cubs might make Chicago flow loopy. in basic terms the elation of all of the Cubs followers on my own might probably deliver the city right into a meltdown. i think of Dodgers vs Angels may be yet another super one.