Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 8 years ago

We like Alannah AND Alan?!?

We're using Alan as our first son's middle name (James Alan)

But, we really like Alannah as a girl's name (Alahhhnah). I didn't realise it was so similar to Alan until writing them on the same page.

Is Alannah usable? Alan is only a middle name after all....

Favorite Answer

You didn't realise Alannah and Alan were similar names. Seriously? Do you have special needs or something? Are you old enough to legally have sex?

People like you make me worry about the future.

There is nothing wrong at all in using the beautiful Alannah and yes, it is easily done to forget the similarities but it really would not matter because as you say, Alan is the second name. Plus the fact, if you used this lovely name and they discover they have similar names, hopefully it makes them feel even more closer to each other. Hope this is of help to you, many congrats.

I think Alannah is way too similar to Alan, keep looking, I'm sure there's a different name out there you'll love just as much :)

If it's only the middle name then I don't think it's a huge deal.