BallzDeep asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

Weight loss + Diet tips?

Long story short, I used to be skinny and lean. I now developed a belly and weight roughly about 175LBS. I want to lose this weight + gut but it gets so tough for me to get to the gym into a routine I can stick to. What are some tips on ths weight loss and proper dieting I should know? Also: I feel like working in the dining industry gets more weight added on to me.

• ny
    Favorite Answer

When you are losing weight, you should exercise and diet together.

If you exercise without dieting, you will get bigger appetite, which

will lead to increase of weight, or muscle grow

underneath the fat layer, and make you bulkier. If you diet without

exercising, you will become flabby and will have excess skin. For

diet, go wheat free. No pasta, pizza, bread and so on. And no food

after 7 p.m. People achieve marvellous results with it. Depending on

your initial weight, you can drop upwards from 20 pounds a month. If

you don't eat wheat then you don't eat all those sticky, fatty goey

cakes, you don't eat junk food, and you don't eat biscuits. But your

diet is still balanced. It costs nothing, and you do not have to

calculate points or to buy special meals or plans. For exercising,

start with walking, and then switch to running/jogging. Running is the

most efficient and calorie-burn exercise ever. If you are overweight a

lot, walk first or you may have health complications (heart attack,

disjointed bones and so on). Weight lifting is a good means to target

your problem areas for men and women. It's not necessarily to become a

bodybuilder or even join a gym - a couple of dumbbells will help you

to target your problem areas (stomach, butt, legs, arms, chest).

Diets are not the answer, it all comes down to lifestyle change. I used to be a size 22 and now I am down to a size 16 (still losing weight) and that was just in a year. All I have done is changed my meal sizes, I make sure I eat breakfast and exercise well here is what I have done. I don't drive so I walk my daughter to school and instead of calling my hubby to pick groceries up from the shops, I now walk and get them (unless it's heavy stuff ie bag of potatoes). Also when I do my housework I dance at the same time, instead of taking elevators, I use stairs. I also get my hubby to park further away in car parks and walk the extra distance. If you catch public transport, get off a stop or two earlier. Go play a game of sport just for fun with some friends at a local park or beach. There are so many things you can do. I still eat what I want, when I want and I never feel guilty for it, as long as I am seeing results. I have tried many diets and none of them have worked. Also if you go on a diet and restrict yourself too much you are more likely to fall off the wagon. Good luck, it is hard, I have been trying to lose weight for years and the lifestyle change has given me the best results.

• ?

Weight Watchers is really good! The point system is great and you can still eat anywhere! The points may seem hard to keep track of at first but once you're on it for a few weeks you remember the points for the things you eat the most and you can also get a point calculator that is small and can be carried around with you. But if you're just looking to cut down...cut out sugar and butter and cut carbs where you can. Choose low fat or fat free items whenever possible and drink lots of water. Of course add more activity even if its small things like parking at the back of a parking lot when you go to a store to get in some extra walking.

Losing 10 lbs a month is a good and safe target. Any faster weight loss is likely to be temporary only and in most cases you regain it all.

Running, jogging, cycling, swimming, dancing, push ups, sit ups, squats, brisk walking and power walking all help for weight loss but dieting helps more.

One of the healthiest weight loss diets is the DASH diet.

The healthy DASH diet can help you lose weight safely and effectively, lower your cholesterol and lower your blood pressure.

It is based on an eating plan rich in fruits and vegetables, and low-fat or non-fat dairy, with whole grains. It is a high fiber, low to moderate fat diet, and is rich in potassium, calcium, and magnesium.

You can see further details in a web search for "dash diet" + "lose weight".

Acai berry is very useful and is providing help to various people who are using Acai berry for losing weight. The weigh diets and herbal medicines are also available which contains the Acai berry and its syrup helping humans to lose weight.

It is good to use the herbal methods to lose weight because when you use herbal products like Acai berry you do not only lose weight but enjoy the other good effects this berry contains. The Acai berry is rich in Vitamin C and act as oxidant for the body that is why it is used to lose weight frequently and provide body with good supply of vitamin C to make skin fresh and free of scars.

Staying active and limit calorie intake is the only way, stay away from enriched flour and other bad carbs, and eat more protein. Also work large muscle groups as the more you work them, the more calories they consume. By staying active getting your heart rate up for at least 20min a day you raise your metabolism

drink 3 cups of green tea in 24 hours researchers say it can increase energy expenditure by 106 calories

eating liquid based foods such as natural smoothies and low sodium soup can help you cut back on calories yet feel full

Try Keto

Ashtanga or vinyasa yoga styles bur more calories