Acne is literally ruining my life??

I've had acne since I was 11, I'm 15 now and a freshman in high school. It's destroyed my self conidence and ruined me, now I'm sick of it. I've tried different prescriptions, not tried proactive yet but maybe. Any help is appreciated.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I am 16, I have suffered from acne as well. I don't know if this is an option for you, but I went to the dermatologist and they prescribed me two things. First is Ziana, which I apply at night, next is clindamycin which is for the mornings. Lastly, I go about once ever 2 or 3 weeks for a facial which my insurance covers. I have been doing all this for about a month now and my skin has cleared up miraculously and is only getting better. The birth control I am using (desogen) also is good for clearing up acne. Hope I helped. Also make sure to wash your face morning and night and only wear mineral makeup! Good luck.

• Dont pop them. They will leave acne scars. Witch hazel is really good for acne. Apply to your face before bed and in the morning with a facial cloth. Before applying it make sure your face is cleansed by using mild soap or a mild face cleanser. Repeat twice daily and drink lots of water.

• 7 years ago

If you really want to give yourself a fighting chance...No more processed foods, no pizza rolls, no processed cereal, no sugary drinks, no chips, and no candy. Eat real food that at one point was growing. Exercise everyday and drink lots of water.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

i am 15 to and i am in the same situation as you. I tried proactive but itdoesnt make your skin really clear it only makes them smaller (if you know what i mean)

my mum brought me some tables called "Doxycycline" 50mg and they really work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Pop the pimples.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.