What's up with "bowls"?

Help me out here...........I don't understand. When did eating three items off three different areas of a plate...say, meat, potato, and vegetables........get to be too difficult? When did it become necessary to streamline our dining by dumping the items on top of each other, pouring gravy over the mess that's resulted, and calling it a "bowl"?

Is this just about the most digusting development in dining out since the advent of Chinese buffets where the lukewarm eggrolls sit under a sneeze guard for six hours?

Or...........am I just a food snob?

Yes....around here most of the restaurants (both fast food and sit-down restaurants) have added some type of "bowl" to their menu.

I'm in Michigan. We have "bowls" at KFC, Bob Evans, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Taco Bell, Big Boy, and Boston Market. And those are just the ones I've heard about.

Favorite Answer

I don't know where you live, but where I live which most people consider one of the trendiest areas of the US (ie. LA) = we don't have bowls of meet, potato, and veggies mixed together with gravy poured over the mess.

We don't have very many Chinese Buffets either.

I went to grad school in a small town on the East Coast. I know about the kind of Chinese restaurant you are talking about. It's been 10 years since I've been there and my former roommate, still pretty much a small town girl, says it's the "best" Chinese food she has ever had. Which surprises me - she does have a PF Changs about 1 hour from her house (I'm personally not a fan of PF Changs either, but comparably it's about 100X better than the little college town place).

The only bowls I've ever heard of are at KFC. Do you mean that where you live, bowls are common?

ETA: AnneM, can you tell us where you are? I'm in Massachusetts now -- and have lived all over the place -0- but have never heard of bowls other than KFC. Just interested.

• ?

If you dont like eating that way, then dont. There are plenty of places that serve food differently.

• Bandit

You're not a food snob, you're just a dont know anything about food snob.

eat out Anne M !!!!