Any good fighting animes?

Where like the weakling becomes strong, like in "Kenichi" or one where the main character acts weak, but is secretly strong like "Chrome Shelled Regios. Try to avoid mentioning ones that involve robots, unless that's all you have.

Also avoid obvious shonen like Naruto, Bleach, One piece, Dbz, yu yu hakusho, and many other obvious ones, even though these don't meet the criteria I mentioned earlier, I like these kinds of animes as well, but once again try to avoid the robots.

Thank you everyone who replies and actually mentions good fighting animes.

Best Answer

you can try HAJIME NO IPPO. the animation is good. I'm not sure if you consider this as an "obvious one". anyway, if you haven't heard of this, it's about boxing. This one's jam-packed with action and comedy ^_^

You can also try CLAYMORE. the main character, Clare is ranked 47 (lowest), but her abilities later on becomes superb that she can be considered a single digit but still ranked 47. (it's like naruto, ranked as genin, but is one of the strongest in their country). Oh yeah, I have to point out a cool stuff about here. In the story, each and every warrior called claymore has one special ability, like quick sword, or reading yoma energy. Now, what's so great about her is she can adopt these abilities, although some characters did some ability adoption, but Clare did the most.

EYESHIELD 21 is also really good. A guy who at first was being bullied, then suddenly recruited to a football team (since the team has only 2 members hahah). At first, he just wanted to be the secretary, but was later on, forced to play, and in their first game, his incredible speed was shown. Their team is also really cool 'cause instead of having football players, they were made up of guys from different sports like baseball, track'n'field, etc. ^_^

that's all I can recommend for now. enjoy

Katekyo Hitman Reborn - The main character starts out extremely wimpy to the point that it sometimes annoys you, BUT after training he slowly starts to become more courageous and stronger bit by bit. Really Great anime! It has 203 episodes though, so it'll keep you busy! and it's kinda like bleach since it has fillers, but not alot like the beginning of the anime is a filler (called the Daily Life Arc), literally. BUT it's the most important part of the anime so you can understand what is happening! so I STRONGLY recommend this one!

Darker than black

Dbz

Naruto

Full metal alchemist

samurai 7