What are some driving techniques that help save gas?

I'm 16 and I've had one month of experience on the road by myself, driving an hour a day for 4-5 days a week. It takes up quite a bit of gas, so any driving tips to improve gas mileage even if it's just a little?

Favorite Answer

set the cruise on anytime you can, dont floor it ever, if you see a red light coming just let off gas and let it idle. Dont ever floor it again, umm well thats all i got. O check your tire pressure make sure thier all set to 32 lbs and make sure you get ur normal crap done like oil changes and stuff.

• Ian K

Ease up on the gas pedal, accelerate slower, if traffic isn't an issue, low 60's instead of 70mph on the freeway will save a ton of gas. Learn how to use hills to your advantage. Leave a few minutes early so you are never in a rush. Every time you fill up, figure out your mileage and reset the trip meter. Miles on meter/how many gallons you put in to top it off.

Source(s): Penny pincher.

As I'm driving and I see open road, or downhill road, I speed up a little and push the gear to neutral as the car is going. This basically let's the car roll instead of using gas. I do it all the time

You definatley use much less fuel while you push the bike as an alternative of driving it......This is a good known reality ....Found out by using bikers who've run out of fuel and travelled miles earlier than the following fuel station...Pushing the bike would not need gasoline so hence it would not use it up ...This fact allthough well recognized isn't a fashionable process of journey for bikers....

GO as fast as possible and as direct as possible. **** tha police.

Hypermile duh, go look at those techniques. Plus since you're 16 you'll drive safer too.