Good dance songs for a show?

Here's the thing. I'm not looking for an ordinary like "Britney Spears" type song. We do this show every year at my school. We've done it for 26 years now. So, it's basically any type of thing thats appropriate that can go in the show. Exaples from years past: Seasons of love (from the musical rent), Thriller (michael jackson), Stronger (kelly clarkson), Conga (gloria estefan), everybody (backstreet boys).

We do lots of songs, and the students are the ones that get to make up the choreography. So, i can't have just a girly jazz song on anything like that. Please help! Tell me if you need more details!

Favorite Answer

I'm going to give you my "jazz" song list but it's a wide range of music, if you don't like it or want a different genre like lyrical, email me and I'll give you a new list.

JAZZ

Pink Floyd--- Summer ’68, Coming back to life, Lost for words, Great day for freedom, San Tropez

High hopes, Lucifer Sam

Billy Joel—Only the good die young, We didn’t start the fire, Uptown girl, River of dreams

David Hasselhoff--Queen of the rain, Try a little tenderness, Dark Side of my heart, Crazy on a Saturday night, Until the last teardrop falls

Evanescence--Bring me to life, Lose control, The only one, Breathe no more, Even in death ,Going under,

Everybody’s fool, Sweet sacrifice, Call me when you’re sober, sick, lost in paradise

Sarah Brightman—Fly, When it rains in America, Rain, How can heaven love me, You take my breath away, It’s a beautiful day, Arabian nights, Harem, I lost my heart to a starship trooper (hot gossip)

Paula Abdul- Vibeology, Cold Hearted Snake, Straight up, to you, the way that you love me

Miami Sound Machine- Dr. beat, Conga, Primitive love, prisoner of love, rhythm is gonna get ya, 1-2-3, movies

Rob Zombie—Dragula, Spookshow baby, Phantom Stranger

Enigma --Gravity of love, Silence must be heard, Principles of lust, Sadness

Meatloaf—If this is the last kiss, everything louder than everything else, bat out of hell, rock & roll dreams come true, You took the words right out of my mouth, not a dry eye in the house, los angeloser

Charlotte Church—Don’t think about it, moodswings, dream a dream (Elysium), call my name, crazy chick

the Doors--People are strange, LA Woman, Waiting on the sun, hello I love you, love me two times, when the music's over

Black muddy river—grateful dead

Underneath the radar—underworld

Put your lights on—Santana

She wolf—Shakira

Mercy—Duffy

Fighter—Christina Aguilera

Music that you can dance to-The Sparks (Rad)

Send me an angel—Real Life (Rad)

Thunder in your heart—John Farnham (Rad)

Get Strange—Hubert Kah (Rad)

Loved by the sun, Is your love strong enough —Tangerine Dream (Legend)

She’s like the wind—Patrick Swayze (dirty Dancing)

Tonight is what it means to be young—Fire Inc (Streets of fire)

Love is in the air—John Paul Young (Strictly Ballroom)

It’s my turn to fly—The Urge (Titan AE)

Chilly Down, Magic dance —David Bowie (Labyrinth)

Batdance, Partyman-Prince (Batman)

One more time –Michael Bolton (Sing)

What’s the matter with love—Laurena Wilerson (Sing)

Only my heart talking—Alice Cooper

Buttons, When I grow up —PCD

Striptease—Danity Kane

Circus—Britney Spears

When the rush comes—Motorcycle

Sledgehammer—Peter Gabriel

Talking in your sleep—The Romantics

Crystal Blue persuasion—Tommy James & The Shondells

Silent Lucidity—Queensryche

Abracadabra—Steve Miller Band

Red red wine—UB40

Godzilla—Blue oyster cult

Who’s Johnny-El Debarge

Set the night to music—Starship

What have you done for me lately—Whitney Houston

No more tears, Zombie Stomp —Ozzy Osbourne

Nasty—Janet Jackson

It’s raining men—Weather Girls

Dream Weaver—Gary Wright

Set adrift on memory bliss-PM Dawn

Moon Baby--Godsmack

Won’t back down-Eminem

More than a kiss-Tommy Conwell (shout)

Kentucky Rain, An American Trilogy, There’s a brand new day on the horizon —Elvis

Love you to death—Kamelot

My destiny—Leaves’ Eyes

I Like it—Enrique Iglesas

Only girl—Rihanna

Rock you like a hurricane-scorpions

Finest hour-Cindy Valentine aka Valentine Leone (Teen Witch)

I like boys-Elizabeth & the Weirz (Teen Witch)

Never gonna be the same again—Lori Russo aka Valentine Leone (Teen Witch)

Detroit Rock City—Kiss

Dreamstate-Liquid Sky

Crossing the River-Eddi Reader(Batman Forever)

Shake your cosmic thang, Channel Z —The B-52’S

Cause I’m a blonde-Julie Brown (Earth Girls are easy)

Naughty girls need love too—Samantha Fox

Dirty Diana (and others)—Michael Jackson

Marry the night-Lady Gaga

Holiday, lucky star--Madonna

She’s a rebel-Green Day

Roses of Success, me ol' bamboo-Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

• ?

This is How We Do - The Game feat. 50 Cent. In the Club - 50 Cent, especially if you include the long version it had in the video, AND the video. California Love - If you can't dance to this, well, you can't dance to anything. -Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur. Still D.R.E. Excellent beat - Dr. Dre, feat. Snoop Dogg. Shake that *** Girl (Disco Inferno) - 50 Cent. My Hump - Black Eyed Peas - especially good if you have girls in your group. Fight the Power - Public Enemy feat. Anthrax - Great aggressive beat and guitars AND vocals Du Hast - Rammstein - Rock and Roll, German style. Combines gothic vocals with driving rock beat. Everybody Dance Now - C&C Dance Machine - One of the great dance songs of all time. Groove is from the Heart - The title says it all. If you can dance, it's from the heart. Enter Sandman - Heavy Metal - Builds to nice crescendos. These are all you should need.

all in it together - high school musical

black or white - Michael Jackson

price tag - jessie j

poker face - lady gaga

grease lighting - grease