Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

Who agrees that Breaking Bad doesn't really glorify meth-making?

People who haven't watched it much tend to write it off as "oh, that show glorifies a meth cook. that is immoral, i won't watch that"

But it really doesn't, not ONLY does the main character get constantly countered by the Moral influences of the show (such as Jesse, Skyler and several minor characters)

but ALSO it shows the drastic consequences (including much death) as a result of the meth trade and shows the steady decline of the protagonists life in every way as a result of the meth trade.

Update:

@ A gothic odyssey:

That was covered in the show- Walt doesn't accept charity (even when Eliott offered to pay completely for his treatment) because of his pride and ego. He wanted to make the money himself

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No it doesn't! I agree with everything you said. They show how it affects basically everyone. Walt has become a freaking nutty bastard to put it nicely. He gets off on the power trip and obviously does not care about the money at all. Look at what it turned him into! And his poor freaking family. Mostly Skylar suffers because she's the only one who knows, but the kids have too. And yeah, they show that even KIDS die because of **** like this. Hank got really effed up, so it affects the police department, the community, indirectly caused a plane crash that killed many people. Lots of people are dead.

They show the ugliest facets of this business. It's truly horrible. Do you remember the show with the little boy who lived with meth heads? When the mom pushed the ATM machine on top of the dad's head? Yeah, that spoke volumes.

• 8 years ago

I hate it when people say stupid stuff like "Oh Breaking Bad is just a stupid show about people who think their cool because they deal meth."

SHUT UP THAT IS NOT TRUE AT ALL. BREAKING BAD IS THE BEST SHOW ON THE PLANET AND IT SHOWS HOW IF YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID LIKE DEAL METH YOU WILL END UP IN A LOT OF TROUBLE OR DIE.

Seriously, watch the damn show before you bash it like that.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i myself don't understand the premise... ok so you have a husband / father with 6 months to live. and he turns to a life of crime to try and make enough money so that his family will be provided for when hes dead. that sound so crazy its beyond belief.

it sound like an only son who needs to pay his mothers nursing home bills decides to rob banks and kill people to keep his mother in comfort for the rest of her life.

if i could ask the question. why cant he get on the national news and have people donate a dollar or two? its done all the time. the woman who was bullied on the school bus made over 750K in donations.

• Dani
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I agree with you, and would not say it's glorified at all. In fact, it shows the disgusting/scary part of being in the meth business and what it does to people's lives. It's not cool or fun, and the show doesn't make it seem like it is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I think that one thing that Breaking Bad (and also Weeds) show their audience is that it is harder than one would think to be "good guy" drug dealers. If you get deep enough into dealing drugs to earn a living at it, sooner or later you are going to have to do something that makes you a "bad guy".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.