How do you make your own website for free?

okay so i want to make a website, mind you, im 14 so i cant spend any money. I just got a new laptop so i need to make sure i dont download anything because i dont want a virus and i dont want to download aything. When or if i do make a website, how do i promote it and what do i need to know for all of this :) i... show more okay so i want to make a website, mind you, im 14 so i cant spend any money. I just got a new laptop so i need to make sure i dont download anything because i dont want a virus and i dont want to download aything. When or if i do make a website, how do i promote it and what do i need to know for all of this :) i need logical answers and step by step directions, please help me and thanks for taking the time to read and answer my question.
Update: oh and i want to make a website to like help people, like this website, how you ask questions, but a little different :) thanks