Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 7 years ago

pain below rib cage and lower abdomen?

Hello im new to here and really hope someone can help me or lead me in the right direction.

Over the last few months i have been experiencing pain to the left of my stomach just below my ribs and at times around my lower left abdomen. I first felt a pinch around my lower abdomen around 4/5 months ago it then turned to a dull achy feeling that comes and goes for no real reason.

I used to feel a dull achy feeling around my left testicle and had myself checked by over 5 docters and even had a ultra sound on my testicles but nothing showed up other then a small harmless sist. But for the past month or so i havent really had any pains around the testies but the pain on the side of my stomach still remains. I have spoken to my GP regarding this and he says that he cant think of anything serious that it could be as im not experiencing any other symptoms but seeing as it still hurts im still concerned.

I would say that i feel it more when im sitting down. I used to go to the gym alot and my diet was very good, but since i started experiencing these wierd unexplainable pains i havnt gone back to the gym in over 4 months and my diet is not as good, also over the last week i have noticed my stool is more yellowish and im not sure why?

Im really hoping someone out there can help me and perhaps recommend what i can do to put an end to this. I really appreciate your time

I must add that im male 27 years old, and this dull ach/pain has persisted for arounf 4/5 month

Favorite Answer

Yellow Stool

Yellow stool can indicate that food is passing through the digestive tract relatively quickly. Yellow stool can be found in people with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Symptoms of GERD include heartburn, chest pain, sore throat, chronic cough, and wheezing. Symptoms are usually worse when lying down or bending. Foods that can worsen GERD symptoms include peppermint, fatty foods, alcohol, coffee, and chocolate.

Yellow stool can also result from insuffient bile output. Bile salts from the liver gives stool its brownish color. When bile output is diminished, it often first appears as yellow stool. If there is a greater reduction in bile output, stool lose almost all of its color, becoming pale or grey.

If the onset is sudden, yellow stool can also be a sign of a bacterial infection in the intestines.

Note: Speak with your doctor about any change in bowel movements. Your doctor may have you adopt a certain diet or cut out specific food groups for periods of time to rule out any food allergies. A stool sample may be taken to rule out infection, and blood tests can be done to check for anemia and rule out celiac disease (gluten intolerance). If all else fails, he may ask you to do a colonoscopy.

It might be many matters or not anything. Some females revel in such matters in the course of the hormonal fluctuations of the month. But given the soreness and ongoing predicament you will have to see a medical professional as quickly as viable. If you're on the factor that you just are not able to leisure readily and you've got attempted all house therapies - search scientific awareness. It might be some thing as realistic as constipation or a foul case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Or it might be a stone relocating. Make an appointment to look the medical professional as quickly as viable. This isn't some thing that allows you to depart on it is possess. Many of the over the counter medications for constipation are a "stimulant" kind of healing. They don't seem to be cozy and don't paintings swiftly. It that's the predicament, the medical professional can prescribe some thing that allows you to each enable your intestines to soak up water and melt stool - and it's a lot more cozy. You shouldn't have the pointy pains of the stimulant medications inflicting the cramping soreness. Talk to anyone. There is not any cause you will have to ought to are living like this every day. A well gastrointestinal expert will make your existence so much less difficult, very swiftly. ;-)