Websides to fiend friends online.. not dates?

I like to talk to people from other countries, not a dating thing, I'm married but it isnnice to know about other cultures, any nice place to chat talk to people online?

Favorite Answer

Hello from England, Rachel. A fascinating question - well posted!

Well, I am sure you do not need me to tell you that an element of danger can often lurk in online relationships and friendships so, as our good friends the Masons say, "proceed with caution".

There are of course very many sites out there and I am informed by a reliable source (although personally I tend to avoid such sites) that one known as "Paltalk" ranks amongst the best available. This is apparently world-wide, or so I believe.

On the other hand, Rachel, this particular site covers the world, too, and it is not inconceivable to think that someone reading your question might like to get in touch. From my own experience I formed a friendship several years ago on a site called "Yahoo! Message Boards" and I can honestly say that this particular friendship has gone from strength to strength.

The only other thing I can think of is a site called, I think, "E.Baby" - or something very similar. Students of English from all over the world use this site to improve their knowledge of grammar and a colleague has made several international friends from this site.

Good luck! I hope you meet some nice new friends. It can be absolutely fascinating to meet people from other cultures.

David