Should I send a birthday card?

I found my adopted much older half-sibling at the end of August. After a month of no response I called him asking if he'd gotten my letter, if he had an answer regarding his desire for contact, or if he needed time. He sad ' I just need some time to think about what to do about it'. I thanked him for... show more I found my adopted much older half-sibling at the end of August. After a month of no response I called him asking if he'd gotten my letter, if he had an answer regarding his desire for contact, or if he needed time. He sad ' I just need some time to think about what to do about it'. I thanked him for his time & the call ended. I have not contacted him since.

He does not have FB but his wife & sister do. His sister is the biological child of his adoptive parents. All 3 are in their 40's. I admit I've lurked. Suddenly, after the phone call, his sister hid her FB page & the wife made it so that a non-friend cannot message or friend request her. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but is this a bad sign? What does this even mean? That my brother doesn't want contact? These women do not want to be found / have contact with his birth family?

I've also been advised that I should send my sibling a birthday card & holiday (for various reasons). His birthday is at the end of this month. Is it going to come off pushy if I send a card so soon after initial contact? Is Christmas better because it'll look like he was on my mailing list and not singled out(his birthday)? What kind of card do I even get? Brother seems inappropriate. A funny one? Not send him one and wait for him to make the next move about contact?

Help?