have a question about windows 8?

will my vista games play in windows 8 and ca and printer

i mean cam

Favorite Answer

Absolutely.

Windows 8 essentially is two different environments. One, you have your classical desktop, what you use on Windows Vista, and all other versions of Windows before Windows 8. And two, you have the new Metro UI (it isn't called that anymore but oh well). The Metro UI, you run Metro apps, which are apps like Angry Birds, fruit ninja, etc.

However, you still have the choice to go back to your normal environment which is the Vista/7/XP/Before environment. So really not much has changed, except they have removed the start menu, and given a start screen instead as a launcher.

All your programs should work, and should they not, just change Windows Compatibility settings for the application.

Your webcam, and printer should install normally, and should be detected automatically by Windows Update. if not, just download them from their manufacturers website/ the cd that came with

Windows 8 Releases october 26, however if you are keen on it, download the release preview (it's stable enough as a primary OS - Avail: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/downl...

Also, if you are looking to purchase a Win8 Tablet, there are two types. Tablets with Win8 Pro, and Win8 RT.

Win8 RT only gives you the metro interface, so you cannot run your games and programs that you do on Windows Vista (unless they specifically make a Metro app for that)

Win8 Pro however, gives you the option of the two environments i discussed above. The classical desktop (ie: the vista), and the Metro UI. So ultimately, you can play all your games on a Windows 8 Pro tablet device too (eg: Battelfield, Skyrim, etc).

However, for a desktop/laptop, you will only be able to purchase Win8 with the two environments, so don't worry about it then.

Hope it helps :)

Anything as early as Windows XP software will work on Windows 8.

Pretty much all Windows 7 software and peripherals should work fine with Windows 8, if you're running it on a PC. I'm not sure what "ca" is though.

Why are the windows so small when I'm trying to play Euchre? I can't play anymore because I can't see the cards. I tried Zoom setting and changed view but nothing worked!

once again, oggus, you guys have excelled yourselves, Office 2010 downloaded, installed and activated all with an hour and half. No problems..

Highly Recommend