Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 7 years ago

Do you like Tapioca Pudding?

Favorite Answer

Course this is definitely not my room, and I don't have my tapioca pudding and the bed is in the wrong place. This is definitely not my bed.

• Linda

It's a little bite of heaven. You mix milk, sugar, and egg in a saucepan, along w/ some tapioca pearls. These are round balls of starch from the root of a plant. Usually they have to be soaked in water, but there is instant tapioca available. Anyway, you bring the mix to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. it will thicken. remove from heat, add vanilla, and let cool. I love it best eaten warm. There is a nice vanilla pudding and the cooked tapioca pearls are sort of suspended throughout. Man, I'm gonna go make me some now!

When I was 8 my Mom and I took a vacation to Florida to visit my great great aunt and uncle. One night my great great aunt Helen made us an awesome dinner, and said that there would be a surprise desert. She placed the pudding in front of me in a fancy crystal dish. I took one bite and used all my will not to make a face. I knew she had worked really hard to make that pudding and if I made a fuss there would be hell to pay from my Mom. I ate it as fast as I could, and politely declined seconds. 20 years later tapioca pudding is the one thing that I can say with certainty that I despise.

Yes, I do like tapioca pudding.

• Kai

Yes. My mom used to make it (she was a lousy cook but she made good tapioca pudding) and she'd put canned pineapple in it. It was yummy, especially if it was still warm.

• blah

I LOVE tapioca pudding, it's been a while since I've had it.

I'd love some right now! :'(

England's desserts are some of the most delicious and inventive in the world. The puddings in particular are beautiful. Unfortunately, finding them in America is like finding a purple horse with orange spots. After reading just one cookbook of English dessert recipes, my family wants them with every meal. This recipe, called Trifle, is a vanilla, fruit, cake, and nut pudding.

2 (8 or 9 inch) white cake layers, baked and cooled

2 pints fresh strawberries

1/4 cup white sugar

1 pint fresh blueberries

2 bananas

1/4 cup orange juice

1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

2 cups milk

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds

12 maraschino cherries

Directions

Slice strawberries and sprinkle them with sugar. Cut the bananas into slices and toss with orange juice. Combine pudding mix with milk and mix until smooth. Cut the cake into 1 inch cubes.

Use half of the cake cubes to line the bottom of a large glass bowl. Layer half of the strawberries followed by half of the blueberries, and then half of the bananas. Spread half of the pudding over the fruit. Repeat layers in the same order.

In a medium bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks and spread over top of trifle. Garnish with maraschino cherries and slivered almonds.

Nope, I rarely eat pudding.

Only if it's the small pearl, the large pearls reminds me to much of caviar and has been cooked properly, I don't like what we call stucco patch. It gets to dry and yuck.

No. It's the only pudding that has eyes in it...