Can religious beliefs justify the attempted assassination of a 14 year old girl?

No thumbs down from me.

H.B.K. Fan - Don't worry, I'm not happy with anyone who takes to war or terrorism as a solution, whatever country they come from. I have a particular dislike for grown adults, though, who purposefully try to kill children for religious, political, or cultural beliefs.

Absolutely (((Toke))) x

Denisedds - "The messenger of Allah said: "Islam is to testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, to perform the prayers, to pay the zakat, to fast in Ramadan, and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so." He said: " You have spoken rightly", Jebreel (Gabriel) from Number 2 of "Al-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths."

I beg to differ.

(((PKD))) x

Lefty - No one knows the future. All I know is that she wanted equal rights, in the here and now, and some men, sick with religion, tried to murder her. The rest is semantics, my friend.

TheTerminatorFan - You're right.

Samwise - I certainly hope it brings some change to that country. Pakistan was supposed to have been a nice place to live at one time.

H.B.K Fan - Get your proof and come back with it.

H.B.K. Fan - Al Jazeera have a good article here.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/10/...

Whether you like it or not, until you can show us that it was the Americans who set this up, the fact remains that the Taliban have the motive. Some things just are as they seem. No big conspiracy, no covert ops.

And I am not discussing the role of America, and her allies, in that area of the world in this question, I am looking purely at the religious roots of what happened in this particular case. It's not about the life of one girl being more important than anyone else's. It's about how a particular religious viewpoint has been acted out and the fact that a 14 year old child is now lying in a London hospital with bullets in her spine and head because of that.

Nice try at derailment.

H.B.K. Fan - This is Religion & Spirituality. Not Politics. I'm very clearly against war and terrorism. That includes drone strikes, etc. Death for political or religious ends is disgusting. This question was about the deliberate assassination attempt on this child. It is not about the general sorry state of world political affairs. I know religion and politics are intertwined in many areas of the world, but this question is about a particular fanatical religious 'gang'. I gave you what I thought was a fairly impartial news source from the Arab/Muslim world. I have a suspicion that whatever I write, or give you, you will split hairs over. Your opinion is that this is an American set-up, meant to distract attention. Fair enough. I haven't seen any evidence from you at all, though. Presuming your conspiracy is correct - the fact that the Taliban deny girls an education, and murder people who oppose their fanatical thinking, gives the Americans the ammunition t

to do this kind of thing. Think on that.

Best Answer

No clever or funny answer from me this time,

I am sickened.

A person's religion might be sick, but no one can be "sick with religion" as you put it.

Religion is a person's understanding of the world/universe and how it works. Science is a religion.

Can you be sick with understanding? Can you be sick with science?

Religious beliefs in this situation are a motive. A motive is an incentive to act. If a person believed that someone was about to set off a nuclear device and the only way that they could stop him was to kill him, then because of their belief they would be motivated to kill the person who was believed to be about to set off a nuclear bomb. It is a strong belief that setting off a nuclear device is more wrong than the assassination of the person about to detonate it. To the person who is motivated, his actions are justified.

When a police officer shoots a man holding a cell phone because he thinks the man was holding a weapon, is the police officer justified? If not, then why wasn't the police officer convicted of murder?

When several police officers go to the wrong address and pound on a door in the middle of the night and fail to identify themselves, then shoot to kill a man as soon as he opens the door because he is holding a shotgun, are they justified? If they are not, then why are they not all convicted of murder?

What we see with this question is an attack on any religion that includes God in their understanding. Where is the equal coverage of the godless police that attack and kill citizens every day?

The good news (aside from the fact that Malala Yousufzai appears to be recovering) is that this act may have turned most of Pakistan against the Taliban. There have been large public demonstrations against them.

So far, the demonstrations haven't been as large as those against that stupid anti-Islam video, because the conservative parties haven't joined in. But now they're under pressure, because the Pakistan press is starting to point out they're connected, at least ideologically, to the Taliban.

Having some good come of the incident, of course, doesn't make it a good thing in itself. But the majority of Muslims and the majority of Pakistanis may be seeing this as the point where their tolerance for the Taliban stops.

What about the american drone strike responsible for the murder of 18 innocent people.

BBC or CNN didn't want to bother you guys with that news?

Man! I don't believe that any Taliban killed her. I believe that the American media turned her into into such an influential figure and then tried to murder her. They SAY that Tehrike taliban has accepted responsibility for the crime... Honestly! Did they call or write a letter? Come on.

There is one objective to be accomplished - The Americans want to show everyone that Pakistan is hiding terrorists to JUSTIFY their own drone attacks.

Imran Khan took great pains for the peace march and actually attracted the attention of the international media to the 'drone strikes'. But now this happens and NOBODY is going to remember or pity the victims of the drone strikes. Very clever game. All of it.

That's my opinion. You can choose not to agree with me.

No! you get me your proof and tell me that 'these' Taliban murdered her, since you're the one asking the question. Don't tell me that CNN says so or the BBC says so or OBAMA says so.

But one thing you cannot deny! The american drones have murdered more people and more 14 year old girls than the Taliban terrorists could have done in a THOUSAND years. A drone strike every other day and no apology from Obama or anyone though they admit it was innocent people being killed. JUSTIFY that for me. How is THAT justice?

Ask about those people who's lives have been ruined.

And what do they get in compensation for the losses they have sustained.

Or are you telling me that the life of this girl is worth more than countless others...

'Derailment'?

Both atrocities committed in Pakistan, in the same province.

1 girl supposedly injured by 'taliban' and now receiving the best treatment available.

18 people killed by american drone strike. Left to rot, forgotten on the earth. If there were any injured victims (that were not yet blown to smithereens), they were 'not' taken to any hospital. Nobody gives a damn.

And I cannot help but wonder, why? Why do you ask about the religious terrorists, why not about the american political terrorists... what's the reason? I'm being realistic... why do you not ask about them?

Why do I have to prove anything when You cannot prove anything. Al Jazeera? Seriously? that's the best you can come up with?

While on the other hand nobody has to prove the drone attacks on innocents since they are open. Do you deny them?

Religion played no part in this act. Islam says nothing about keeping women out of school, denying rights to women, killing anyone, etc.

This was an act carried out by an ignorant society whose structure is well overdo for a reform.

I do not condone violence of any kind, HOWEVER it takes a group of fvcking cowards with needle-dicks to board a school bus and open fire on a 14 year old girl. Every one of those little b!tches that pulled the trigger deserves to be skull-fvcked - to death. I will happily supply the dick to insert in their fvcking eye-sockets.

unless the 14 year old girl is a child molesting serial torturer & killer, I really can't imagine any possibly justifiable reason for assassination attempts.

Word.

• Tony

absolutely not!!

unfortunately for her, she lives in a backwards country that follows an oppressive brain washing, sorry religion.

she's also female, living in a male dominated country where women are only supposed to cook and bear children ... women are not supposed to have an opinion in that backwards country, let alone express it in public!!

ohhh big men, trying (and failing) to kill a girl!! not.

They didn't do that in the name of religion.

They did that in the name of their own dented pride at having their ignorance portrayed to the world by a little girl with a dream, and so their reaction is to shoot the poor girl in cold blood.

No religious justification.

No moral justification.

One would have to first justify the religious beliefs.

Nothing can justify that.

Thank God, she is receiving treatment in the UK