do young parents usually bring up their kids worse then older ones?

do think you've got less of a chance of being brought up right if your mom was 17 at the time of your birth compared to if she was 30?

Favorite Answer

Yup. 17 year olds aren't done growing mentally and emotionally to take care of a child.

I wouldn't generalize and say a solid yes. There are some pretty pathetic older parents out there, so advanced age doesn't guarantee good parenting - it all depends on the individual person.

Having said that, someone who is, say 17, also *usually* doesn't have the maturity and experience of an adult, and so they may not be the best parenting material yet. But as long as they have common sense and a good nature, how much "worse" off can a young persons' kid's turn out?

It just depends on the individual.

• Cassy

It all depends on the person in my opinion.

I know a girl who had her first child at 16 and her child is on the honer role in collage now working towards being a doctor. Her mother has always taught her to be respectful and kind to others.

my mother and father had me when they were 30 and 32 and they were far from being good parents. My mother always says that she never had the energy to discipline me when i needed it.

Some younger mother can do a really good job, but then there are ones that can't

• Vasey

Nah. A lot of people grow up when they have a baby and some people are more ready than others at different ages. Also it depends on what your definition of being brought up right is.

I think my parents would have done the same job with me no matter their age. 23 and 24 so round about in the middle of

our chosen ages.

Source(s): 28 years of life and had a baby at 27

With my parents this was true. They had me at a young age and then my brother 8 years later. They were not good parents at all when I was young - inconsistent discipline, inadequate supervision, ridiculous expectations about how I should behave. With my brother they were a lot better parents.

It depends on the person.Just because a parent is 30+ there is no guarantee that they will make good parents.

Absolutely.

Yeah the young ones who get pregnant are just dumb whores so if course they don't teach their kids morals because they have none

not necessarily.