What stores make house key copies and how much does it usually cost?

Favorite Answer

Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, True Value Hardware, Do it Best Hardware, Orchard Supply Hardware. Any hardware store does. Lowe's has a do it yourself key cutting machine and I wish they had invented that when I had to cut them. I would have been Happy Happy. When we sold keys, the price was 79 cents for a single cut and 99 cents for a double cut but that was about twenty years ago.OMG! how time flies!

A locksmith store and a lot of hardware stores also make keys. Good idea to phone the store first to make sure they have the machine. Usually costs a few dollars per key.

I've had keys made a Home Depot in the past. From my experience don't wait around the key making machine for someone to show up. Find someone in the store and let them know that you want some keys made.

They're going to replica any key that doesn't say, "do not replica". They simply different rationale they could no longer be equipped to can be if it can be a high security key. Retail stores can't get the key blanks for these types of locks. An example of one perhaps a entry key to a store vault, a entry key to a managers office, a key to a business. Average retail shops don't also have a option to organize them so they wouldn't be ready to cut whatever they wouldn't have. If they open at 6:00, they are equipped for trade including key slicing. And incidentally, simply to help you be aware of, placing a bit of overlaying tape over a key that says don't duplicate would not work.

Walmart usually no more then 2$ unless u want a designed key

Any hardware store pretty much like lowes,home depot,ace hardware,etc.

• ?

DO NOT use wal-mart, they work one, maybe two times and no more. I have a slew of them and I finally learned it was wm not me.

home depot and lowe's at around $2.00 a piece