Third Person Dreaming...What does it mean?

Hello!

Lately I've been interested in lucid dreaming and decided to research it deeper. Then, while recalling the types of dreams I realized that I always dream in the third person point of view, meaning that I can see myself and the other characters (like a movie). I began to wonder what the meaning behind dreaming in the third person is. I noticed that in all of my dreams I can feel what my character (me) feels and see myself, but I'm not really experiencing the action, just observing it. The feels are very strong as well. I can feel the exact sensation. Also, I can recall my dreams pretty while, down to the last note really. I rarely remember dreaming in first person. Yes, I have had about 2 or 3 in the past three years, but all of my other dreams are all in third person. So, can anyone explain to me what third person dreaming means? Or why I dream the way I do?

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

I have thought of this before too.

I used to have lots of them, now i only have first person dream.

My own analysis is this: I stopped dreaming in third person after i realised that i am my own person. It happened after i accepted myself for what i am instead of what I'm not or want to be.

I can't say for certainty this is the cause. However, I noticed that after this moment in my life i don't have third person dreams anymore.

it could mean that your not living your own life, but instead trying to live a life of somebody else

EDIT: Lucid dreams also became much more frequent after i started dreaming in third person.

• unland

Third character restrained is a factor of view used by writers to show only one personality's point of view. Feel of it like a movie with the digital camera oriented just behind the primary personality! All the reader can see or recognize is what occurs to the predominant persona. Considering it can be a 3rd man or woman narrator, the reader would not necessarily even recognize everything the principal persona is aware of, for the reason that we aren't in his head. The essential character can preserve secrets from the reader. This can be a just right factor of view to make use of when you desire to keep specified important points from the reader. Most novels are written on this standpoint. If the reader is aware of everything, then it can be a third individual omniscient narrative. If you're planning on having two predominant characters, you could still select 1/3 character restrained in the event that they stay collectively or follow each one at distinctive instances. If you need the reader to have a much deeper reference to the character, you might wish to mess around with first man or woman. It is perfectly suited as long as the standpoint changes are clearly marked and now not too close together - give the reader time to regulate to the character they are following earlier than ripping them away.