What is the rationale behind a Conservative who waves both a Confederate & American flag?

How can you ally yourself with both the Confederate traitors, and with the country they committed treason against?

Update:

I got cheeseburgers aka cassey dumbest: The Confederates renounced their American/US citizenship when they seceded, you fool.

That's like saying Americans after 1776 are "British."

While the Confederacy didn't succeed, the idea of the Confederacy was anti-American.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Conservatives today are in reality, Jim Crow Democrats. Over the past 40 years, Jim Crow Democrats from the South, hijacked the Republican Party, and radicalized it's platform.

It is now the party of right wing, reactionaries, not true conservatives.

• 3 years ago

It has no longer something to do with conservatism or liberalism. there's no denying its a logo of slavery to maximum human beings and why maximum human beings oppose the flag getting used as a State or Federal image. All it does is make therapeutic racial variations that plenty greater durable, there is already adequate politicians and so referred to as leaders who use race as a wedge.

• 7 years ago

The majority of people living in the South are very poor. The pay scale is lower and they are almost fanatically religious. For years they had below standard education. They are good generous people but they are looking for a scape goat to blame and we both know who they are. The white Southerners are not Obama supporters even though he has done more for them and they have no health care. They are still fighting the Civil War, they don't like Northerners who they refer to as Yankees. We have friends who live in the deep South and we vacation there. It is almost like visiting another country.

• 7 years ago

Wild guess. They had a great great great relative who fought on the conservative side. Not all conservatives in the slave states owned slaves. Many people were too poor. Yes, even some in the North owned slaves. Slavery was in no way unique to the South. Plus racism and hostility towards blacks still occurred.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

dang........Myrrdin stole my answer. !

Yeahhhhhhh.....they like to claim it's not racist......yet racist fools often are the ones waving it.

So you see any Obama supporters waving a Confederate flag? I rest my case.

It's a Birther thing. Then they try to claim it's about states rights, or some drivel.

• Shilo
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

My guess is that it is false pride and maybe coupled with a belligerent attitude that the war is not over.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I don't get it either, on the one hand they wave an anti American flag, on the other they spew the 'Merica nonsense.

• 7 years ago

It's actually quite a bit simpler than the rationale behind some liberal reading more into it than what's there. Confederate flags are either won at cheap carnivals or bought at swap meets for less than five bucks, and they get flown because they're cool-lookin' to some people. Sorry to disappoint you, but it doesn't mean the idiot flying it is some kind of RACIST or anything.

• 7 years ago

there is no rationale.

to be conservative is to be schizophrenic. schizoid delusions are a defining characteristic of conservatives.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

the confederates were Americans smart one.

that is why they call it the civil war.

anyways nothing wrong with being in touch with your heritage.......at least that is what you say when Mexicans wave their flags along US flags.

EDIT- no in fact it isn't. they were the confederate states of America. still American, and in those days people in both the north, and south didn't consider themselves to be US citizens they considered themselves to be citizens of the state they resided in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.