Psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists?

Psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists.I need to understand these people. How they think, how they feel. What they feel. Why they think what they think and what they can't feel and why. Will someone please explain this to me? Honestly, and plainly, without hatred or glorification. I need to understand everyone. Because I like people. And I need to know how they feel. I can often pick up on how people feel, but this category per say, I have difficulties understanding. Is it something they can help?

Favorite Answer

ive personally observed a sociopath for about 4 years, and I dont believe He feels or thinks much of anything.. its hard to understand his feelings, because its just a void, like they arent even there. He cant understand what emotions feel like but is smart enough to know how to imitate it as a tool of communication.

You can't understand them because they are not like you or I, they are different. You know that part of you that can know what others may be feeling or it sort of keeps you in check. They don't have it. It's like something is missing from them.

Once I flew into rage at someone, the rage took over and I had the person by the throat and was squeezing, I was doing this without knowledge, as I was squeezing their throat I sort of came to and realised what I was doing and freaked out letting go, the person was in shock and fear, I shall never forget it. Now, a Psycho doesn't have that part that kicked in and stopped me, they just keep going. Where you of I would feel guilt, remorse etc, they feel nothing.

Narcissism,is based on a Greek Myth I believe.

A little boy went into a Forrest and he came across a pond, he looked into the pond and saw his own reflection in the water, he had never seen his face before and so when he saw his image for the first time he fell in love with it, he fell in love with his own image and sat at the edge of the pond pining and longing and died there. Where he died a flower sprung up, the flower was called a Narcissus.

So Narcissism is a very distorted and unhealthy self love. To the Narcissist other people literally don't exist. It's hard to imagine but a person like this can only see themselves, every body else is an extension of themselves. They do not understand that other's exist and have choices, feelings motivations, that can be different from themselves.

A great wound lies at the centre of Narcissism, they come from very unhealthy childhoods. Whether they are born like this I don't know.

I hope this gives you a little more insight into the whole thing.

They are all primarily concerned with themselves...

Narcissists believe they are better than everyone else, or more entitled. They like materialism, etc. Many socio/psychopaths are narcissists.

Sociopaths...they cannot care about anyone. Tend to be very bored and addicted to thrills, often doing illegal things for something fun to do. The only emotion they really connect to is a deep anger at the world. They also tend to have very high IQs because of their ability to sense patterns. They can act "normal" and fit in with the world, and they care for themselves only. They would never sacrifice themselves for someone else. The big thing is no conscience. They could kill someone and just walk away if there were no consequences.

Psychopaths...a lot like sociopaths, except their crimes tend to be impulsive as opposed to a sociopaths premeditated crime . They cannot act normal in relationships, as they are completely impulsive.

Source(s): reading

you don't have to be any of the three to be a rapists. it's ok to like those three. 99.9999% of them are pretty good

Source(s): life