JK asked in SportsTennis · 8 years ago

What does IG mean when in the names of tennis rackets?

like in Head Youtek Speed IG

what does innegra mean?

Favorite Answer

Each manufacturer tries to come up with various "technologies" that can be trademarked. IG = Innegra is an example by Head.

A brief explanation is offered here: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-INNEGRA.ht...

I quote: "Innegra is the world's lightest high performance fiber. Its extreme toughness together with Head's advanced carbon composite technology leads to an ultra tough hybrid composite.

This Head Innegra hybrid-composite structure is integrated into the racquet for shock absorption and improved stability. As a result vibrations are reduced by up to 17% on ball impact for improved control and precision -- protecting the player from the forces of a ball impact. On top of this, Head's new hybrid-composite structure with the ultra tough Innegra fiber considerably extends the performance of a Head racquet. With Innegra, racquets remain in perfect condition without losing any performance properties."

As always, these marketing ploys should be taken with a grain of salt.

I've never heard of that racket during four years of competitive tennis. I would recommend the Wilson 6.1 95 and its siblings since they're just about the best rackets anyone can find right now. Still, as you probably already know, you have to demo a racket before you decide. I don't know anything about this "ringmaster" tennis racket. I've also googled it and I've come up with nothing.

innegra