Can I leave my position as director and start my own?

There is a physical therapy chain in the town I want to live in. They offer director positions to run individual clinics. Would it be bad practice to work there for a while, learn their ways, then start my own clinic in the same town and possibly franchise out or be the chief operator of a a few clinics of my own... show more There is a physical therapy chain in the town I want to live in. They offer director positions to run individual clinics. Would it be bad practice to work there for a while, learn their ways, then start my own clinic in the same town and possibly franchise out or be the chief operator of a a few clinics of my own in the same town or elsewhere?
I feel like if you work somewhere, you can form relationships, and then when you leave you may form some enemies or is that just how business works.
1 answer 1