Can I Handle a Green Horse?

Alright, for a little background; I'm 16, and have been riding since I was 3. Of course, back then, I was riding in the saddle, doubling with my mom. Horses are my passion, though I've only owned one horse of my own, for an extended period of time. I go to a guest ranch every year and get placed on mounts... show more Alright, for a little background; I'm 16, and have been riding since I was 3. Of course, back then, I was riding in the saddle, doubling with my mom. Horses are my passion, though I've only owned one horse of my own, for an extended period of time. I go to a guest ranch every year and get placed on mounts that they don't usually give to the public, and I would definitely say that I generally handle them without problem, and the wranglers usually compliment me on my performance. I know how to keep calm during little fits here and there, and love working with high-strung horses, who love to go. I'm not sure why I gravitate towards more eager, excited mounts, but I adore them. I, however, would never work up a horse for the thrill of it--if there's one thing I take pride in, it's being able to keep those anxious, excitable mounts calm and collected during a ride. C:

Anyways, I'm considering buying another horse again, and am interested in an 8 year old Anglo-Arabian. I don't have too much background information on her, except for the fact she is said to have been trained in western, but is still green. I will be seeing her on Sunday to get a better idea, but I can't help with being curious. I've never trained a horse before, though I have plenty of people around me who have--can I handle it? I'm determined, patient, gentle, and a confident rider. I have to start somewhere, right?

Thanks for the opinions. <3