promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

switching from blown carbed to blown efi, what do i need?

i have a 496 bbc, forged everything 8.5:1 -13cc dish pistons, .705 .708 cam, dual quad holly 750 bp and a gm 671 @ 5psi. fuel system is just a NON return style holly red top 7psi electronic pump.

im looking at an elderle injector hat. i do not want to run mechanical injection, this truck does see road. ive never messed with efi systems, but it seems that everyone is using them now. i just started doing some research but its about impossible to narrow my results. so heres a page from bds http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/Wc46faebf1a064.h...

im just looking for somone to point me in the right direction as to a kit or possibly what they use and i can do the rest. im not using an electronic ignition at the time, i have a mallroy ultralite distrib, and a mallroy pro master coil. havent had any issues yet. also, what kind of electronics will i have to run? and i use a MFI injection hat and use an electronic pump and efi electronics?

really any info would be great. thanks

Update:

how do i know what ecu to use

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Have you looked into Kinsler fuel injection..?

That blower seems a little small.

I would use -8 fuel lines. Going to need about a 250 GPH fuel pump with return.

Source(s): Camshaft design/manufacture, full competition race engine building/development, failure analysis of internal engine components, Carb blueprinting, drivability/MPG/durability expert, chem analysis of fuel, super-tuner.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.