Policing Agency - Which would be best? LAPD, LBPD, LASD, OCSD, HBPD?

Hello all..

I am a student at CSULB and about to graduate this spring. I am in the hiring process with LASD, LBPD, LAPD, and HBPD. I am also considering an application for Orange County Sheriff's Department.

To all law enforcement officers out there, or those in the processes or knowledge of it, which agency would you argue would be the best in regards to the agency, movement, promotions, assignments, patrol areas, etc. For the sake of argument, assume I have the option to choose :) although, I may/will take the first offer made.

I love LASD and LBPD (my top two choices), but OCSD seems to pay very well and said I could be in the academy in 6 mos, but I do not care for their patrol areas (I'd love to work in LA County). Also, Huntington Beach is an awesome city but I worry that a 'small' department has little room for assignment and promotion.

Please help!! Any Pro's and Con's on those agencies you are familiar with?

Best Answer

I'd prefer to work Huntington Beach but LAPD pays better.

Johnny funds - Folsom penal complex Blues Bob Marley - I Shot the Sheriff Ini Kamoze - call the Police Bruce Springsteen - highway Patrolman Randy Newman - Jolly Coppers on Parade :)

• John

Why live near LA?