Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 7 years ago

When sending wedding invitations, who should the sender be?

I'm about to send out my wedding invitations, I'm wondering who the 'sender' should be? I'd like to have a stamp made so I can use it for the thank you card mail outs aswell, so I'm wondering if I can have the stamp made with my almost-to-be last name?

Should it be

Jane Doe & John Smith

123 Apple Street

Canada

or

Jane & John Smith

123 Apple Street

Canada

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

When you send out invitations, you aren't married yet, so it should be Jane Doe & John Smith. Then when you send a thank you card, you are married, so it should read Jane & John Smith. But that is just all technical titles. I would just get the stamp that says Jane and John Smith. Most people probably won't even notice. BONUS: you will also have that stamp for the future when you mail Christmas cards or birthday cards. It will be a good investment to have your new last name on it.

Jane Doe & John Smith

123 Apple Street

Canada

The first one is the polite one. If you do indeed live together.

If you do not, then just yours goes on the envelope.

LOL, even though the invitation is in the envelope with both the groom's name and your maiden name, putting your married name on the outside envelope would be confusing to some.

Also, if you want to, you could have the guests send the RSVPs back to just you. Presents are traditionally sent to the bride anyway.

FYI, you should put the address on the outside of the envelope that you want the presents to come to, if someone should decide to send you something, or have something delivered.

And you should not send more than one kind of invitation out. Hope the person above, the guests did not take out their invites and compare them. A person getting an invitation that is less than someone else's might feel bad, like they landed on the "B" wedding guest list.".

Tailor make the invitations to the style of your wedding.

You don't want some one getting this fancy smancy invitation in the mail, and showing up in fancy duds only to find that it is a wedding in the out of doors, serving bologna sandwiches. Nothing wrong with the site or the menu, just letting people expect more.

Hey, with weddings, as well as anything else in life, the simplest way is almost always the right therefore best way. And the other saying? Tell how it is right now.

When you send out invitations, you are not yet Jane Smith. The sender for your wedding invitations would be Jane Doe & John Smith. Use nice labels for your invitations. Have the stamp made to use after the wedding.

2 answers. The sender of the invitations is the host who is paying. If you are paying, you will have a stamp or label with your name as it is at the time of mailing. ( If your parents pay, their names are on the actual invitation).

Proper etiquette says that you send a thank you very quickly after receiving the gift. So if you mail a thank you note before you are married, you do not put your married name on the stamp but rather maiden name. If you mail anything on or after your wedding day, then it can be ' Jane and John Smith'

Best wishes to you both

Traditionally the Brides parents send out the invitation. Even if they are not paying for the wedding this is still the right way. If you do chose to send them from you The correct format would John Doe and Jane Smith. You're not married yet so using your married name is to early! Save that for the thank yous!

Well I would say it depends on to whom you are sending.

I was helping my friend few days back with her wedding Invitation design and sending and we came across the same question.

What we did was we created 2 Custom cards. One in a Bit Formal way and the other in a friendly manner.

Formal one was meant for Family, Boss, Distant relatives etc

Friendly one we sent to Friends, colleague friends etc

I prefer you create 2 of them

In formal one you may use

Jane Doe & John Smith

123 Apple Street

Canada

In the 2nd one you may use

Jane & John Smith

123 Apple Street

Canada

• Katey

I will just be using our first names:

Katey & Daniel

123 Apple Street

Canada

No, you can't use a name you don't have yet, tempting though it may be!

Just use your own name or else the first example.