Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

True of False: you can't miss something you never had?

Before you fall in love, you feel like you can manage great on your own..

When you are in love, you get accustomed to always having that person by your side..

Your life is so different all of a sudden.. there's someone out there who loves you..

that person becomes your world..

After you break up, you feel like something is missing..

BQ: Would you rather never have loved someone (and never experience a heart-break) OR love someone with all your heart and then go separate ways because of circumstances?

Best Answer

tsk tsk...wish you hadn't add the details. Now after reading it, it's harder than ever to answer. But if I was only going with the context of the question itself, then yes, I think you can actually miss something you never had. For example, a mother who miscarried in the last trimester of her pregnancy. Only a few weeks shy of giving birth to her baby she then finds out to her horror that she will be losing her baby. Imagine that.

Well...that will be something she never had but will miss and mourn for the rest of her life. Yes, even if she have one or two more successful birth afterwards. It's the thought of not knowing how and what the baby will turn out to be, the thought of losing something so precious to which the mother had looked forward to bringing into the world so she can hold it, nurture it...and lastly, unconditionally love it is what will make that mother misses her baby more so than ever.

I know this because one of my aunts have had two miscarriages and it finally took its toll on her emotionally. She breaks down and cries at the most unusual time, saying when she think about her lost babies...it hurts like no other and she then go on to say that the only person who will understand is another person who had gone through the very same traumatic ordeal. She goes on to say that it's like a part of her dies each time she miscarries. I wish I can understand where she's coming from but deep down, I know I'll never know the extent of the pain someone in her position goes through unless I myself experience it (being the father of the dead baby of course). My uncle is equally devastated and he says the same thing.

Now since you're talking about love, then I can't say too much. All I can say is that you can miss someone whom you actually never had to begin with. Just not on a deeper level as if you would be with someone whom you would actually have been in love with, spending some real physical and memorable times together.

Because of the memories created between you and that person, yes...it's worst when the relationship comes to an end. Almost similar to the mother who lost her babies. She had it...only it did not turn out to be what she had expected. Sure, she embraced the thoughts and ideas of one day holding that baby in her arms just as two very loving couples who would one day dream of becoming one and sharing a life together.

So when the end comes....it will always feel like something is missing. Always.

BQ:

Love someone with all my heart and not end up together. Though it may hurt, it's worth it and you'll always be happy for the time you once shared with that special person. You learn from it and apply what you learn to your next relationship, becoming a better lover and partner. :)

• Jesere

True

I loved someone who I had to let go

and I would rather have that experience than not

however, you never know what the future may bring!

My Story is...

I met the man of my dreams at a Senior function

the end of my Senior Year at the 4th High School

in 3 states that I had attended. Always the New Girl!

"Love at First Sight"

From that moment we met we were inseparable until

the end of Summer. However, due to circumstance set in

motion before we met, we had to part ways at summers end.

If you love someone let them go...

We were so much in Love that we did some serious talking

and decided to set each other free since we were going in

such different directions and there was so much of life to

experience..

So at the end of summer he was off to college

and I had to report for Duty in the Navy.

We wrote for a while but lost touch.

If they come back to you...

In June 2010 through Classmates.com and Face book we

reconnected. He was widowed and I divorced.

We SKYP’d all Summer. When we met face to face in

September 2010, time melted, the 35 years now seemed

more like yesterday and we picked up where we left off.

I moved in with him December 1, 2010.

• Star T

True.

The feeling of Love is very strong. Heart-break can be hurtful if one is very attached to her person. I would hate to love someone and go our separate ways. Why hurt myself? For instance, if the person is not available then I will walk the other way and don't get involved at all. I wouldn't want to hurt another person in the process.

• JoJo6 years agoReport

I agree but it's not about hurting someone on purpose. we love who we love and sometimes can't control who we end up loving. there is or was something in that person that caused us to love them.

Very true!

"Passion is something you really dont miss, after it had cooled. It is like looking at an empty bottle on the side of the road and thinking, "Boy, I wish I had a Coke." The loves you miss are the ones that go away when they are still warm, even hot, to the touch."

-Rick Bragg<3

Very true.

BQ love with all my heart, then go seperate ways due to circumstances.

true!! I totally understand that... even if they were NEVER yours, u just can't always control who you miss or love whether they were yours or not. love someone with all your heart. It sucks when it's one sided!! and the end really sucks but I know what I know and saw and felt within my soul! It's unspoken!

You can long for something you never had. You imagine it and want it so bad. In answer to your other question, "It's better to have love and lost, than never to have loved at all." It's a miracle and everyone should experience it at least once in their lives.

False I disagree, Sometimes we miss things because we want them but they are not in our lives.

Bq: The first option.

"I hold it true, whate'er befall;

I feel it, when I sorrow most;

'Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all."

Tennyson

I've suffered a broken heart before. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

• neil s

False. Many of our wants and needs are part of our nature, regardless of whether we ever experience the object of the desire. For instance, we need food even if we never receive it.