'Dry' snorkels and purge valves?

Hello, I'm starting to play underwater hockey and find that regular snorkels get a lot of splash with surface swimming (or lots of commotion on the surface) when I'm breathing hard and have no time to deal with water in the mouthpiece. I've tested a dry snorkel out and it seems to stop all surface... show more Hello,

I'm starting to play underwater hockey and find that regular snorkels get a lot of splash with surface swimming (or lots of commotion on the surface) when I'm breathing hard and have no time to deal with water in the mouthpiece.

I've tested a dry snorkel out and it seems to stop all surface splash, GREAT... however with every dive then blow (clearing) I find a little water remains in my mouth piece. Thus when I take my breath, half a mouthful of water comes bubbling in with the new air, stopping everything for me. QUESTION: Is this little bit of water there because the water doesn't fully exit through the mouthpiece purge valve with a blow? During a blow, does any water also exit the 'dry' valve at the top of the snorkel? Maybe I just have to blow harder?

QUESTION: Are there 'dry' snorkels, without a purge valve, which allow a full blow clearing? Perhaps regular snorkels, with just a rudimentary splash guard which only do a half-job of splash protection, but still allow for traditional blow clearing and no purge valve business?

Provide some product examples if you can! (For me and future readers)

Thanks!
Update: Seems like Cressi has a regular snorkel with a plain splash guard, and no purge valve!
http://www.cressi.it/Catalogue/Details.asp?id=441
Any comments on this?