I am a US born citizen of the US. What is the easiest and fastest way to denounce my US Citinzenship?

ive been trying to leave this country get a citizenship with Austria, Mexico, Brazil, France, China, S. Korea, Philippines, etc. or any country that accepts felons. Currently i only have 1 or 2 felonies from the US from '08-'09 and Im now 30yrs old. Ive been to Juarez (Mexico) serveral times in '08-'09 while lives in El Paso and honest crime is no different than Chicago. Plus the media and the news blows things way out of proportion. I read somewhere online in the past that if i gave up my US citizenship, i could legally enter England, Wales, Canada and Japan.

Yes i want to get rid of my US Citizenship immediately. I have no regrets about my decision nor will i ever have any regrets about it. I want out very very badly. I have no problem with applying for a US Visa to visit here. I dont need no smart-*** remarks nor comments, just truthful answers. Ill take my chances. Also please provide me with the phone # and mailing address for the easiest country that allows felons to obtain citizenship, as well as, what federal agency do i contact to denounce my US Citizenship to. Thank you...

7 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    well, you can't renounce your citizenship while in the US. so, first off, you need to find a country that will take you. once you're there, you can go to the American Citizen Services section to fill out the paperwork and give up your US citizenship. What happens at that point depends on whether you have any other citizenship or not. I'm not aware that any of the countries you've listed will allow someone without a passport to enter.

    edit: Brother is wrong that the Department of State will not allow American citizens to renounce their citizenship unless they already have a second nationality. This is from the Department of State website which you can see for yourself at http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenshi...


    Persons intending to renounce U.S. citizenship should be aware that, unless they already possess a foreign nationality, they may be rendered stateless and, thus, lack the protection of any government. They may also have difficulty traveling as they may not be entitled to a passport from any country. Even if they were not stateless, they would still be required to obtain a visa to travel to the United States, or show that they are eligible for admission pursuant to the terms of the Visa Waiver Pilot Program (VWPP). If found ineligible for a visa or the VWPP to come to the U.S., a renunciant, under certain circumstances, could be barred from entering the United States. Nonetheless, renunciation of U.S. citizenship may not prevent a foreign country from deporting that individual back to the United States in some non-citizen status.

  • 8 years ago

    Although the option exists on paper, the U.S. Department of State will not accept a renouncement of U.S. citizenship unless you hold another citizenship.

    Short explanation for this: you can only renounce your U.S. citizenship abroad, and unless you hold citizenship in that country, this country could still deport you to where you came from, which would be the U.S., and then the U.S. couldn't deport you again, because there is no country that would take you.

    So first you need to emigrate and become a citizen there eventually. Then you apply for an IRS certificate of tax compliance, basically proving that you have always paid your taxes even while living abroad (the U.S. taxes worldwide income), and then you'll make an appointment at the U.S. consulate in your other country of citizenship, pay the $450 fee, and formally renounce your U.S. citizenship.

    Just for kicks, people around the globe would kill, literally kill, to obtain U.S. citizenship. If you could sell it, you would find an oil sheik paying you $1 million for it. So that's about the value of U.S. citizenship.

    Source(s): An immigrant of German and Swedish decent, I am an attorney and reside in the charming old mission town of San Buenaventura, California.
  • Paulh
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    First, its renounce, not denounce. Second I have no idea why any other country would allow entry by a convicted felon, much less give them a resident visa. As mentioned before you need to get legal resident status in those countries, become naturalised i.e get a foreign passport and then apply to give up your US nationality. I know one guy who has done it in Japan and he wrote about it on his blog at http://www.debito.org/naturalization2.html. Its a complicated process and the US makes it quite difficult for US nationals to give up citizenship.

  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    Not going to happen. No country wants felons. You will not get citizenship in another country. An you can not renounce your citizenship until you have another citizenship, and you can get an appointment with a US consul in that country to renounce.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

    I believe the easiest way is for you to join that program and get a Born Identity.

  • 8 years ago

    Just move to Mexico illegally. There you will be right at home when you commit your next felony.

  • 8 years ago

    news flash the UK does NOT allow in felons.......we have enough of our own crims, we do NOT need to import the dregs from another country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.