I'm an American citizen looking to move to one of several places in Europe. Could I get some advice?

Now before you say "Europe isn't all it's cracked up to be, the grass isn't greener, etc, etc"... I know. I've visited France and Spain, I have 3 very close friends that live in England, and I have been studying Romania, Norway, France, and the Netherlands since high school. I have thought... show more Now before you say "Europe isn't all it's cracked up to be, the grass isn't greener, etc, etc"... I know. I've visited France and Spain, I have 3 very close friends that live in England, and I have been studying Romania, Norway, France, and the Netherlands since high school. I have thought a lot about this and this is something I have wanted since I was much younger, and now is the time that I have to start thinking about actually accomplishing this goal.

I'm mainly looking for advice for planning in the long-term. I already have some skills that I reckon could be useful, but you tell me. The countries I am especially interested in are Norway, France, England, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and perhaps Italy, Finland, Sweden, or Germany... although I want to keep an open mind. I just don't want to live anywhere especially shoddy.

Right now I can speak French intermediately, meaning I can understand about 95% of what French people say (although the Quebecois are a different story, LOL) but it takes me a couple seconds to piece together my reply. I studied it in school for 5 years and I intend to stick with it when I go back for my second year of uni.
I am also teaching myself Norwegian, although I am barely conversational in it. I am absolutely fascinated by Norway, and if I could live anywhere I'd choose Oslo... although I've heard it's incredibly hard and expensive to move to Norway.

So learning languages isn't an issue for me, it's actually one of the few things I excel at. I am going back to uni for my sophomore year next semester after taking a break (I ran out of money and my grants won't cover enough so it's on my own dime... ouch) and I want to start thinking about a major that would be useful for what I hope to accomplish.

Would a job like an English professor (in a foreign country) be sought to be filled by a foreigner? I have also heard that engineering degrees are in demand in many places in Scandinavia, but I'm pretty crap at math... but if it will really be useful, I'll learn. Any degree ideas?

I also want to add that I was an idiot in high school and graduated with a 2.4 so I don't qualify for any study abroad programs, and my local university does not offer any. :( In addition, my relatives are all from America until you go back to my great-great-grandparents (who were Dutch and French, I have a super Dutch last name!) so I don't think I'll be able to scrape by on that.

Oh, and I've got an English friend who has offered to do a "green card marriage", but I have been reading up on UK immigration laws and I'm not sure if that would work, can anyone offer some insight?

So sorry for the wall of text, I tried to make things as concise as possible without sounding stupid and having to specify more stuff. Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.