SSD drive installation on an older computer with WINDOWS 7?

I have a computer from a few years back that has a 7200 RPM, 500GB drive on it with WIN 7 OS. I want to put a 120 GB OCZ Sata 3 drive on there now with a fresh install of WIN 7 for boot up to speed things up. If I already have WIN 7 on the 500GB drive how would I go about a new install onto the SSD with just... show more I have a computer from a few years back that has a 7200 RPM, 500GB drive on it with WIN 7 OS.
I want to put a 120 GB OCZ Sata 3 drive on there now with a fresh install of WIN 7 for boot up to speed things up. If I already have WIN 7 on the 500GB drive how would I go about a new install onto the SSD with just WIN7 for bootup?
Would this installation cause any problems for the other programs I have installed on the 500GB like MS office, Front Page, or Dreamweaver?
Thanks for any help.
Update: Thanks for the response. What I was planning to do was ONLY put WIN 7 on the new SSD just for boot up but needed to know if I could still run all the programs left on the older hard drive like office and dreamweaver etc or would putting just WIN7 affect the programs I have stored on the old drive? Also what do I do... show more Thanks for the response. What I was planning to do was ONLY put WIN 7 on the new SSD just for boot up but needed to know if I could still run all the programs left on the older hard drive like office and dreamweaver etc or would putting just WIN7 affect the programs I have stored on the old drive? Also what do I do with the copy of WIN7 that I have on the old drive? Would the two installs cause a conflict?
My bootup time is 7 minutes or more so I just wanted to improve that and leave all my programs on the old drive... thanks
1 answer 1