Can this be considered harassment?

So I was browsing craigslist earlier today and came upon an ad for a German Shepherd puppy. My family has been wanting one and so I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw them a text and ask about it. They wanted $800 from me and then asked what I offered. I told them I'd offer $150 (it's the cost of... show more So I was browsing craigslist earlier today and came upon an ad for a German Shepherd puppy. My family has been wanting one and so I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw them a text and ask about it. They wanted $800 from me and then asked what I offered. I told them I'd offer $150 (it's the cost of adopting a dog from a shelter here) because it wasn't a shelter dog, wasn't going to be used for breeding, didn't have paperwork, and so on and so forth. (Plus it's against the ToS to sell animals on craigslist.) The puppy also have no vet history and hadn't been neutered. Worst thing that could happen is he would say no and no deal would be made, no harm no foul. (Though I would flag him because it's my job as a craigslist user to help keep the community clean, and if I happen to be on and see something it doesn't hurt to flag it to help out other users. I don't make a habit of it, just something like picking up trash when you see it on the ground. Doesn't hurt anyone.)

I don't judge, in fact my parents bred show quality pups when I was a child so I know how much people normally ask for show quality dogs. Hell, my mother was a vet.

Guy returns to me a nasty worded text message summed up by "Don't know sh*t bout dogs". >.> so I return with "It's against the ToS to sell animals, clearly you don't know sh*t about craigslist." Not the most mature response, but he started it. >.> So fine, that was supposed to be the end of our conversation.

Then he returns by informing me (just as rudely) that he's a cop (A K9 cop at that) and he's going to arrest me for harassment. In fact he's tracking my cell phone number now. Oh joy ~

I respond by saying "First, I can't believe a cop is selling their dog on craigslist." and then politely, VERY politely informed him that I was terribly sorry but selling any animal is against the craigslist ToS. (No cursing, nothing, I was very polite at this point. Irritated, but polite, and if he honestly had no idea I have no problem informing him.)

He responds with something about how I'm a ***** and an *** and the dog is a puppy, therefore he doesn't count as an animal. I respond with "Yes, a puppy is still an animal" and once again politely repeat that it is not MY rule, craigslist itself has a policy against selling animals. You may ask for a small reasonable rehoming fee to cover vet costs. The dog had ZERO vet costs.

Once again he threatens to arrest me for harassment and my last text message to him was about how I'm actually really sorry he can't list his pup up on craigslist, I was just letting him know because I have been watching his ad get flagged and removed multiple times (a couple of them were even begging the craigslist users to stop flagging them because "You don't understand!" before being quickly removed again.) and I only want the pup to be able to find a new home. I then listed off multiple websites that not only allow pet sales but heavily encourage it by having their own dedicated sections.

Last thing he said was something about how I better wait for that call because I'm getting arrested.

So was I really harassing him even though I was polite and helpful? Sure some people don't find 'rule-followers' to be helpful people, and even annoying but I didn't do anything against the law by informing him. After all, rules are there for a reason and you have to agree to ToS before posting anything on craigslist anyway. I would think a cop of all people would understand the importance of rules and why we have them, after all I can't arrest a cop for pulling me over and giving me a speeding ticket because I feel like he had no right to tell me of the law... or can I? Is that the new definition of harassment now days?

Anywhose, just curious because I've never had anything like this happen to me before. (Everyone else just thanks me for the website suggestions and moves on; like I said, I have no problem with people selling whatever they want, just do it in the right places please.)